Christian Petersen, Getty Images
LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP) — Bandja Sy scored 16 points and pulled down seven rebounds Thursday night, helping New Mexico State snap Utah State's 13-game winning streak with a 64-51 victory.
Daniel Mullings and Tyrone Watson added 12 points apiece for NMSU (11-8, 5-2 Western Athletic), which shot 58 percent from the field in winning its fifth in a row. NMSU improved to 8-1 at home this season.
Preston Medlin had 14 points and Jarred Shaw 11 for Utah State (14-2, 5-1), which could have matched Kansas for the longest active winning streak in Division I with a victory.
NMSU went ahead for good early in the first half on a Kevin Aronis 3-pointer and led 23-18 at halftime. The lead grew to as many as 21 points in the second half before a late Utah State rally.
Utah State still leads 35-30 in the all-time series between two schools with "Aggies" as their mascots.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19