Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
We should close all bars and halt the sale of alcoholic beverages every time someone dies as the result of alcohol.
That makes as much sense as banning the sale of guns. After all, far more people die from drunk driving and similar alcohol-related incidents than from gun-related deaths.
Oh, wait. They tried that; it was called Prohibition. How well did that work?
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 34
- Letter: Not so lazy 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31