Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
We should close all bars and halt the sale of alcoholic beverages every time someone dies as the result of alcohol.
That makes as much sense as banning the sale of guns. After all, far more people die from drunk driving and similar alcohol-related incidents than from gun-related deaths.
Oh, wait. They tried that; it was called Prohibition. How well did that work?
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- My view: Problems with Rep. Mike Noel’s...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Fair living wage 33
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 31
- In our opinion: Time to separate food... 25
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: We can do better 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24