Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
We should close all bars and halt the sale of alcoholic beverages every time someone dies as the result of alcohol.
That makes as much sense as banning the sale of guns. After all, far more people die from drunk driving and similar alcohol-related incidents than from gun-related deaths.
Oh, wait. They tried that; it was called Prohibition. How well did that work?
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: In marriage...
- Politicians being awkward at Halloween
- My View: Children need mother and father
- In our opinion: 'If it ain't broke' ...
- Letter: Pulling down signs
- My view: U.S. faces grim future in Middle East
- My view: Let's get Congress working again for...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah be in the Central...
- Jay Evensen: IRS abuses continue... 46
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: In marriage... 41
- Letter: Waiving rights 37
- The most important speech in Ronald... 36
- My view: Herbert should pick law... 32
- Letter: Common Core jeopardy 30
- My view: U.S. faces grim future in... 30
- Robert J. Samuelson: Wages stay... 29