Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
We should close all bars and halt the sale of alcoholic beverages every time someone dies as the result of alcohol.
That makes as much sense as banning the sale of guns. After all, far more people die from drunk driving and similar alcohol-related incidents than from gun-related deaths.
Oh, wait. They tried that; it was called Prohibition. How well did that work?
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37