Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
My sincere thanks goes to Richard Davis for his article ("Being LDS does not limit one's political persuasions," Jan. 16).
I consider myself a member in good standing of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and also an avid Democrat. Over the past four years, it has been a challenge to attend church meetings when underlying comments were made concerning President Obama and anyone who supported him. Somehow, this needs to stop in church settings.
Political rhetoric has no place in church services. My testimony is strong, and hurtful actions by others will not sway my faith.
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 29
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 26
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Idle elimination 19
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 19