Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
My sincere thanks goes to Richard Davis for his article ("Being LDS does not limit one's political persuasions," Jan. 16).
I consider myself a member in good standing of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and also an avid Democrat. Over the past four years, it has been a challenge to attend church meetings when underlying comments were made concerning President Obama and anyone who supported him. Somehow, this needs to stop in church settings.
Political rhetoric has no place in church services. My testimony is strong, and hurtful actions by others will not sway my faith.
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 52
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 50
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 43
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 25