An unfortunate fact of life is that there are violent burglars, rapists, gang members and mentally disturbed people who will harm American adults and children without notice. Our hard-working and wonderful police departments can only do so much to protect us.
We are also vulnerable to radical terrorists coming to this country who can kill in so many different ways. Yet, we have a president that wants to control gun ownership on law-abiding citizens. And he wants to decimate our military by slashing its budget.
How are we going to defend ourselves from evil that exists in this world? With BB guns or sweet talk?
It appears that there is no regard for our Second Amendment or the proper role of our federal government as defined by our Constitution.
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 41
- Letter: Breeding hate 38