An unfortunate fact of life is that there are violent burglars, rapists, gang members and mentally disturbed people who will harm American adults and children without notice. Our hard-working and wonderful police departments can only do so much to protect us.
We are also vulnerable to radical terrorists coming to this country who can kill in so many different ways. Yet, we have a president that wants to control gun ownership on law-abiding citizens. And he wants to decimate our military by slashing its budget.
How are we going to defend ourselves from evil that exists in this world? With BB guns or sweet talk?
It appears that there is no regard for our Second Amendment or the proper role of our federal government as defined by our Constitution.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29