An unfortunate fact of life is that there are violent burglars, rapists, gang members and mentally disturbed people who will harm American adults and children without notice. Our hard-working and wonderful police departments can only do so much to protect us.
We are also vulnerable to radical terrorists coming to this country who can kill in so many different ways. Yet, we have a president that wants to control gun ownership on law-abiding citizens. And he wants to decimate our military by slashing its budget.
How are we going to defend ourselves from evil that exists in this world? With BB guns or sweet talk?
It appears that there is no regard for our Second Amendment or the proper role of our federal government as defined by our Constitution.
- Everything you need to know about the...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- My view: Utah's public education system:...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach
- Socratic observations — Politics are...
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 58
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 43
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 35
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 32
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31