An unfortunate fact of life is that there are violent burglars, rapists, gang members and mentally disturbed people who will harm American adults and children without notice. Our hard-working and wonderful police departments can only do so much to protect us.
We are also vulnerable to radical terrorists coming to this country who can kill in so many different ways. Yet, we have a president that wants to control gun ownership on law-abiding citizens. And he wants to decimate our military by slashing its budget.
How are we going to defend ourselves from evil that exists in this world? With BB guns or sweet talk?
It appears that there is no regard for our Second Amendment or the proper role of our federal government as defined by our Constitution.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- Midterm elections put a divided America on...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 26
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25