BYU women's basketball: Keilani Unga works her way back for senior season after life-changing event
Juggling it all isn't easy, but it's worth it, which is evident as she holds a tired 2-year-old Jackson, kissing and talking softly to him as she patiently signs autographs after a home game.
She is grateful for forgiveness, and said motherhood has brought her more joy than she could have imagined. It is what those who know her best admire most about her.
"She's tough as nails," said Harvey. "I knew that from the moment I met her. But seeing how she is with our kids and school and basketball, it's more motivating to me than ever. I go through things that are tough, but nothing like her. She's an inspiration for me. My respect for her has grown tremendously. She's a great mom and I so much appreciate the way she is."
Adds Judkins, "Sometimes when you don't have something, you have more appreciation for it. Keilani brings her personality and toughness to this team. I wanted her to have no regrets, so I'm really happy for her."
Whether this was the path she needed to travel or not, Lose Moeaki isn't sure.
"I don't know if it was meant to be," Lose said as the baby jabbers in the background. "I think she made the best of her situation."
email: firstname.lastname@example.org TWITTER: adonsports
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 95
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 78
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 59
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 42