Blind Mormon teen shares self-taught musical talent on YouTube
"I do like to practice on the organ while someone is doing their job, because we need music music will help them get the focus to try to do the responsibility the right way," Kuha'o said. "I get on the organ and play. Every Saturday I do organ practices, and every Sunday I prepare for sacrament. ... That is what [music] is for, you get to bring people closer to the Lord, to come unto him."
In 2010, Kuha'o participated in the state-wide "Hawaii Stars Concert of Extraordinary Abilities," and ended up winning the first place prize of $10,000. He donated the money to the Hawaii Association for the Blind.
"He always brings tears to our eyes," Sister Case said. "He plays pretty music and Saints come to listen because they know he will play. It brings Heavenly Father's Spirit."
It is his personal testimony that Kuha'o likes to share whether through music or words from the pulpit and hopes it will bring others closer to Christ.
"I hope people feel even more inspired by the words expressed to the Lord when I play the organ at church," he said. "I am bearing my testimony through words and songs. That is fantastic, I love that."
Kuha'o is looking forward to serving a full-time mission someday, saying "when I grow up I want to be a missionary, to serve the Lord." But until that time, he continues to play the prelude music in church each week, sings in the ward choir and participates in his priesthood duties.
"This is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and that is why we go every Sunday. I know that this Church is true, that God lives and hears our prayers, and Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet, and that Joseph Smith is the one that restored the gospel in these latter days."
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is Born'...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a reminder...
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon...
- 5 tips for digitizing photos
- Al Fox, James the Mormon discuss Thanksgiving...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 44
- Renovated LDS temple represents... 11
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon... 7
- Book review: 'Finding Peace When a... 7
- U.S. Catholic leaders approve new plan... 6
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is... 3
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 3
- 4 effective ways to teach your kids... 2