Blind Mormon teen shares self-taught musical talent on YouTube
"I do like to practice on the organ while someone is doing their job, because we need music music will help them get the focus to try to do the responsibility the right way," Kuha'o said. "I get on the organ and play. Every Saturday I do organ practices, and every Sunday I prepare for sacrament. ... That is what [music] is for, you get to bring people closer to the Lord, to come unto him."
In 2010, Kuha'o participated in the state-wide "Hawaii Stars Concert of Extraordinary Abilities," and ended up winning the first place prize of $10,000. He donated the money to the Hawaii Association for the Blind.
"He always brings tears to our eyes," Sister Case said. "He plays pretty music and Saints come to listen because they know he will play. It brings Heavenly Father's Spirit."
It is his personal testimony that Kuha'o likes to share whether through music or words from the pulpit and hopes it will bring others closer to Christ.
"I hope people feel even more inspired by the words expressed to the Lord when I play the organ at church," he said. "I am bearing my testimony through words and songs. That is fantastic, I love that."
Kuha'o is looking forward to serving a full-time mission someday, saying "when I grow up I want to be a missionary, to serve the Lord." But until that time, he continues to play the prelude music in church each week, sings in the ward choir and participates in his priesthood duties.
"This is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and that is why we go every Sunday. I know that this Church is true, that God lives and hears our prayers, and Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet, and that Joseph Smith is the one that restored the gospel in these latter days."
- What the LDS Church said about the Supreme...
- Nate Sharp: 'Miraculous events' led to...
- Tabernacle Choir performs in the rain near...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Memorable sermons from LDS leaders in fewer...
- 3 religions, 3 approaches to forgiveness in...
- New temple presidents called to Mexico,...
- What the LDS Church said about the... 177
- When Satan steals your motherhood 68
- Religious leaders ponder next steps... 59
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Where were the Twelve Apostles when... 34
- Washington Cathedral dean on... 8
- Episcopal Church elects first black... 6