German Shepherd Ciccio attends Italian church of Santa Maria Assunta Mass daily as he mourns late owner
Church in Malta, Facebook
Our take: A 12-year-old German Shepard attends mass daily in Puglia, Italy, where the funeral of his owner was held two months ago. The residents of the small town decided to "adopt" him, and the dog provides faith to those who attend the chapel.
A dog whose owner died two months ago visits the church where her funeral was held every day in the hope she will return.
Ciccio, a 12-year-old German Shepherd, attends Mass at the church of Santa Maria Assunta in San Donaci, Puglia, every day.
According to Sud Italia News, the grieving hound mourns daily for Maria Lochi, his former owner who was known in the area for her love of animals.
The paper says: "As a sign of gratitude, Ciccio goes to church every morning, sitting beneath the altar, near the priest.
"His hope to see his beloved Maria, the person he accompanied everywhere, even in church, moves the faithful."
It adds the parish priest "does not dare" to chase him away.
Read more about German Shepherd Ciccio Attends Italian Church Of Santa Maria Ass on Huffington Post UK.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the Exodus...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 72
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 63
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 45
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 29
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 19
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 17