German Shepherd Ciccio attends Italian church of Santa Maria Assunta Mass daily as he mourns late owner
Church in Malta, Facebook
Our take: A 12-year-old German Shepard attends mass daily in Puglia, Italy, where the funeral of his owner was held two months ago. The residents of the small town decided to "adopt" him, and the dog provides faith to those who attend the chapel.
A dog whose owner died two months ago visits the church where her funeral was held every day in the hope she will return.
Ciccio, a 12-year-old German Shepherd, attends Mass at the church of Santa Maria Assunta in San Donaci, Puglia, every day.
According to Sud Italia News, the grieving hound mourns daily for Maria Lochi, his former owner who was known in the area for her love of animals.
The paper says: "As a sign of gratitude, Ciccio goes to church every morning, sitting beneath the altar, near the priest.
"His hope to see his beloved Maria, the person he accompanied everywhere, even in church, moves the faithful."
It adds the parish priest "does not dare" to chase him away.
Read more about German Shepherd Ciccio Attends Italian Church Of Santa Maria Ass on Huffington Post UK.
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning home...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- LDS Family Services providing free online...
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Blind girl's imagination takes viewers of a...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 101
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 72
- Why I make my kids go to church 55
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 18
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 12
- Netanyahu speech deepens rift between... 8
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 7
- Activists: Islamic State group now... 5