German Shepherd Ciccio attends Italian church of Santa Maria Assunta Mass daily as he mourns late owner
Church in Malta, Facebook
Our take: A 12-year-old German Shepard attends mass daily in Puglia, Italy, where the funeral of his owner was held two months ago. The residents of the small town decided to "adopt" him, and the dog provides faith to those who attend the chapel.
A dog whose owner died two months ago visits the church where her funeral was held every day in the hope she will return.
Ciccio, a 12-year-old German Shepherd, attends Mass at the church of Santa Maria Assunta in San Donaci, Puglia, every day.
According to Sud Italia News, the grieving hound mourns daily for Maria Lochi, his former owner who was known in the area for her love of animals.
The paper says: "As a sign of gratitude, Ciccio goes to church every morning, sitting beneath the altar, near the priest.
"His hope to see his beloved Maria, the person he accompanied everywhere, even in church, moves the faithful."
It adds the parish priest "does not dare" to chase him away.
Read more about German Shepherd Ciccio Attends Italian Church Of Santa Maria Ass on Huffington Post UK.
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Public invited to funeral services for Sister...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Woman told she would never walk, talk defies...
- Photo of inspiring message in Oklahoma rubble...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Community of Christ recommends... 25
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 21
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 20
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 17
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 17
- Hundreds of teens in Southern... 12