I am deeply concerned with the perpetrated perceptions that conservatives are far-right extremists.
Conservatives view the Constitution as a divinely inspired document — the principles of which have made this country the envy of the rest of the world. Liberals view this same document as outdated and as an obstruction to their more enlightened and progressive agenda.
Is it extreme to demand that the federal government put its financial house in order?
Is it extreme to require that our elected officials take seriously their oaths to uphold, and to preserve and to defend and to protect this same Constitution?
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 30
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24