Jon Huntsman Jr. thinks the cure for Congress is not to pay them if they don't approve a federal budget.
Sadly, that is not how Congress makes its money. They make money from sweetheart deals that benefit their own monetary interests or investments.
If Huntsman wants them to act, here's what to do: for every hour that they don't approve a balanced budget, pick one law — starting with the most recent — that they have tried to exempt themselves from, and require them to follow it. That includes Obamacare. That would be motivation and justice.
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- About Utah: Without fanfare, the National...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 54
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 21
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 18