Jon Huntsman Jr. thinks the cure for Congress is not to pay them if they don't approve a federal budget.
Sadly, that is not how Congress makes its money. They make money from sweetheart deals that benefit their own monetary interests or investments.
If Huntsman wants them to act, here's what to do: for every hour that they don't approve a balanced budget, pick one law — starting with the most recent — that they have tried to exempt themselves from, and require them to follow it. That includes Obamacare. That would be motivation and justice.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- In our opinion: How committed are Obama, U.S....
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Mary Barker: Religion and politics... 17