Jon Huntsman Jr. thinks the cure for Congress is not to pay them if they don't approve a federal budget.
Sadly, that is not how Congress makes its money. They make money from sweetheart deals that benefit their own monetary interests or investments.
If Huntsman wants them to act, here's what to do: for every hour that they don't approve a balanced budget, pick one law — starting with the most recent — that they have tried to exempt themselves from, and require them to follow it. That includes Obamacare. That would be motivation and justice.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 52
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 31
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: No limits 20