Jon Huntsman Jr. thinks the cure for Congress is not to pay them if they don't approve a federal budget.
Sadly, that is not how Congress makes its money. They make money from sweetheart deals that benefit their own monetary interests or investments.
If Huntsman wants them to act, here's what to do: for every hour that they don't approve a balanced budget, pick one law — starting with the most recent — that they have tried to exempt themselves from, and require them to follow it. That includes Obamacare. That would be motivation and justice.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Republicans and Democrats agree, in part, on...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 82
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 49
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36