Jon Huntsman Jr. thinks the cure for Congress is not to pay them if they don't approve a federal budget.
Sadly, that is not how Congress makes its money. They make money from sweetheart deals that benefit their own monetary interests or investments.
If Huntsman wants them to act, here's what to do: for every hour that they don't approve a balanced budget, pick one law — starting with the most recent — that they have tried to exempt themselves from, and require them to follow it. That includes Obamacare. That would be motivation and justice.
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40
- Letter: Breeding hate 38