We hope politicians realize that any further restrictions on our fundamental, Second Amendment-protected right to keep and bear arms should be deemed unconstitutional. And that millions of us who already own weapons will not want to obey rulings like a ban on assault weapons — nor should we.
That will be a problem for Congress or the White House. How will they prosecute millions of law-abiding American citizens who know and understand their rights when the government is in error?
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15