We hope politicians realize that any further restrictions on our fundamental, Second Amendment-protected right to keep and bear arms should be deemed unconstitutional. And that millions of us who already own weapons will not want to obey rulings like a ban on assault weapons — nor should we.
That will be a problem for Congress or the White House. How will they prosecute millions of law-abiding American citizens who know and understand their rights when the government is in error?
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29