We hope politicians realize that any further restrictions on our fundamental, Second Amendment-protected right to keep and bear arms should be deemed unconstitutional. And that millions of us who already own weapons will not want to obey rulings like a ban on assault weapons — nor should we.
That will be a problem for Congress or the White House. How will they prosecute millions of law-abiding American citizens who know and understand their rights when the government is in error?
- Letter: Creating social outcasts 40
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- Letter: Utah's water 25
- Don't wait for politicians 25
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21
- In our opinion: A social take on the... 21