We hope politicians realize that any further restrictions on our fundamental, Second Amendment-protected right to keep and bear arms should be deemed unconstitutional. And that millions of us who already own weapons will not want to obey rulings like a ban on assault weapons — nor should we.
That will be a problem for Congress or the White House. How will they prosecute millions of law-abiding American citizens who know and understand their rights when the government is in error?
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 72
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 29
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 26
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22