Story of Te'o girlfriend death apparently a hoax, Twitter reacts heavily to the news (+video)
"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."
Manti Te'o was, at one point, a BYU recruit. He eliminated BYU from his short list after visiting the BYU campus in 2009.
Te'o's visit was not absent of controversy. During Te'o's visit, several players on a recruiting trip were involved in an incident involving alcohol, which is against the BYU honor code. Both Manti Te'o and his father, Brian, adamantly denied involvement.
The news that Lennay Kekua is not and never was a real person was met with a heavy response on social media, particularly on Twitter. Here are a few of the thousands and thousands of tweets regarding Te'o's false relationship.
Tom Coyne of the Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34