Highland's 22-13 run in the fourth quarter helped the Rams ice the victory against Clearfield. David Divver's game-high 20 points and Riley Tucker's three 3-pointers fueled Highland, while Jayden Garcia's 12 points led the way for the Falcons.
Woods Cross 69, Cyprus 43
Three different players reached double digits for Woods Cross -- Brady Cowley had 18 points, Skylar Farnes had 11 points, and Luke Jowers had 10 points -- and the Wildcat defense held Cyprus to just six points in the third quarter to pull away with the victory.
Bountiful 74, East 50
Sam Merrill torched the nets for 29 points, and Bountiful used a 27-14 second quarter advantage to slip past East in region play.
Skyline 45, Hillcrest 43
Down by one with less than 10 seconds remaining, Skyline's Alek Johnson was sent to the foul line on a 3-point-attempt. He his all three free throws to give the Eagles the edge in this back-and-forth game. Johnson scored eight points on the night, and Skyline was led by Alex Meldrum and Dylan Paulus, who had 10 points apiece. Matt Means scored a game-high 18 points and hit four 3-pointers to lead Hillcrest in the loss.
Herriman 75, Murray 73 (2OT)
Olympus 55, Westlake 49
Maple Mountain 50, Provo 47
Maple Mountain freshman Kade Poulson stepped up and drilled the go-ahead 3-pointer with 10 seconds remaining help the Golden Eagles finish off the Bulldogs.
Timpview 52, Orem 50
Timpview's Leo Roese hadn't hit much of anything for most of the night, but he didn't let it discourage him. The senior guard calmly sank a shot from the top of the key as time expired, giving his team a hard-fought 52-50 win over 4A favorite Orem.
Springville 73, Salem Hills 58
Ben Johnson and Max Schriener torched the nets with 22 points each, and Springville improved to 10-1 on the season with the victory on the road.
Judge Memorial 63, Juan Diego 37
The Bulldogs' defense held Juan Diego to just 13 points in the first half, and balanced scoring helped Judge Memorial pull away in the second half. Joe Cremer led all scoring with 15 points on five 3-pointers.
Union 43, Park City 41
Stephen Merrel nailed a 3-pointer with 2.2 seconds left to give Union a much need victory at home. The Cougars improved to 3-0 in region play.
San Juan 67, Grand 65
Despite getting outscored 21-11 from the charity stripe, San Juan was able to survive against Grand. The Broncos' 22 assists on 25 made field goals gave San Juan the advantage over the Red Devils. San Juan's Barkley Christensen led all scores with 27 points.
Monticello 66, Green River 44
Morgan 64, Logan 53
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their own...
- Utah Jazz: Massive, state-of-the-art...
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and Cecil O....
- Commentary: The 15 kings of BYU football, the...
- University of Utah 'restructures' athletic...
- High School Football: Wasatch Mountain Air 7...
- Dick Harmon: Hope is a real thing for BYU...
- Basketball bonds: Gordon Hayward's father has...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their... 96
- NBA fans attack 11-year-old's national... 36
- Phil Steele ranks USU 2nd-most... 26
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 20
- Austin Collie's workout with San... 18
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Unprecedented... 18
- Trevor Reilly, Jake Murphy to represent... 14
- Brad Rock: USU coach Matt Wells has... 11