High School hoopsters across the state hit the hardwood last night. Here is a roundup of all the games that happened in Utah for Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013.
Layton 58, Fremont 28
Behind its well-balanced scoring attack and its ability to get to the free-throw line, Layton was able to earn the road victory over Fremont. Jarriesse Blackmon's 16 points and five boards led the way for the Lancers, while Kade Criswell scored a team-high 13 points for Fremont.
Davis 68, Weber 54
Jesse Wade is a 15-year-old sophomore at Davis High that loves Taylor Swift, singing in the shower and, although hes probably 150 pounds soaking wet, will repeatedly express his passion for eating if you ask him.
Read more about Davis and Weber.
Northridge 61, Syracuse 50
Jacob Bigler and Preston Christensen combined for 43 points, and Northridge dominated from start to finish to earn the region victory.
Kearns 84, West 80 (OT)
Kearns was able to grind out the back-and-forth overtime battle against West behind its quality shooting. Kearns' 12 3-pointers and 23-7 advantage from the charity stripe helped the Cougars edge out the Panthers. Dayon Goodman led all scores with 29 points for Kearns, while Dallyn Kenner sank five treys and scored 22 points for West.
Taylorsville 47, Granger 33
Jevin Warren's 20-point performance and Sidney Freeman's 11 points proved to be too much for Granger, as the Lancers fell to the Warriors on the road. Zack Ashman led the way for Granger with 10 points.
Hunter 48, Viewmont 44
Noah Togiai led the winning side with 18 points, and Hunter earned a consecutive region victory.
West Jordan 68, Cottonwood 50
Parker Brown led the West Jordan attack with 18 points, and West Jordan to over in the second and third quarters to build momentum in the region rout.
Brighton 73, Jordan 56
Brandon Miller went off for 30 points, and Brighton went 14-for-15 from the free throw line to pick up the region win over rival Jordan.
Alta 56, Copper Hills 45
Trevor Hill went 10-for-12 from the free-throw line, and finished with 16 points to lead Alta to it's first region win of the season.
American Fork 60, Riverton 49
Ryan Andrus led all scorers with 23 points as the Cavemen slowly pulled away for the road victory.
Lone Peak 78, Pleasant Grove 43
Read more about Lone Peak's dominating win.
Bingham 80, Lehi 68
Brandon Morley scored a game high 22 points, and Bingham managed to go 22-for-28 from the charity stripe to earn it's first region win of the season.
Highland 57, Clearfield 41
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to win...
- Cougars in the pros: Lasike scores first pro...
- Brad Rock: Utes to Harbaugh: Update your...
- Special teams makes big plays as Utah State...
- Live blog: Utah opens year with victory over...
- Which returned missionaries will make the...
- Nebraska looking to set tone of Mike Riley...
- Morning links: Taysom Hill profiled by ESPN;...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to... 93
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 80
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 72
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 43
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 37
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 34
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 29