The Deseret News editorial Sunday was spot on ("Changing the habits of the heart," Jan. 13). There isn't much among Hollywood's entertainment offerings that can be considered virtuous and uplifting. And television is just as bad as the movies.
Much of society is in a spiritual free-fall, and Hollywood's insatiable appetite for smut and violence is a major contributor. Certainly Tarantino is only deceiving himself if he thinks that movies like "Django" won't negatively affect those who view it.
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Letters: Move to the center
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system needs...
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an assault on...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 32
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 20