The Deseret News editorial Sunday was spot on ("Changing the habits of the heart," Jan. 13). There isn't much among Hollywood's entertainment offerings that can be considered virtuous and uplifting. And television is just as bad as the movies.
Much of society is in a spiritual free-fall, and Hollywood's insatiable appetite for smut and violence is a major contributor. Certainly Tarantino is only deceiving himself if he thinks that movies like "Django" won't negatively affect those who view it.
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18