The Deseret News editorial Sunday was spot on ("Changing the habits of the heart," Jan. 13). There isn't much among Hollywood's entertainment offerings that can be considered virtuous and uplifting. And television is just as bad as the movies.
Much of society is in a spiritual free-fall, and Hollywood's insatiable appetite for smut and violence is a major contributor. Certainly Tarantino is only deceiving himself if he thinks that movies like "Django" won't negatively affect those who view it.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- In our opinion: How committed are Obama, U.S....
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- In our opinion: The Scots have set an example...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Mary Barker: Religion and politics... 17