The Deseret News editorial Sunday was spot on ("Changing the habits of the heart," Jan. 13). There isn't much among Hollywood's entertainment offerings that can be considered virtuous and uplifting. And television is just as bad as the movies.
Much of society is in a spiritual free-fall, and Hollywood's insatiable appetite for smut and violence is a major contributor. Certainly Tarantino is only deceiving himself if he thinks that movies like "Django" won't negatively affect those who view it.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 67
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 63
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35