The Deseret News editorial Sunday was spot on ("Changing the habits of the heart," Jan. 13). There isn't much among Hollywood's entertainment offerings that can be considered virtuous and uplifting. And television is just as bad as the movies.
Much of society is in a spiritual free-fall, and Hollywood's insatiable appetite for smut and violence is a major contributor. Certainly Tarantino is only deceiving himself if he thinks that movies like "Django" won't negatively affect those who view it.
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 39
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16