The Deseret News editorial Sunday was spot on ("Changing the habits of the heart," Jan. 13). There isn't much among Hollywood's entertainment offerings that can be considered virtuous and uplifting. And television is just as bad as the movies.
Much of society is in a spiritual free-fall, and Hollywood's insatiable appetite for smut and violence is a major contributor. Certainly Tarantino is only deceiving himself if he thinks that movies like "Django" won't negatively affect those who view it.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- Letter: Our great nation?
- Americans are changing their tune on foreign...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Attention diverted
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 33
- Letter: Society puzzles 32
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 31