The Deseret News editorial Sunday was spot on ("Changing the habits of the heart," Jan. 13). There isn't much among Hollywood's entertainment offerings that can be considered virtuous and uplifting. And television is just as bad as the movies.
Much of society is in a spiritual free-fall, and Hollywood's insatiable appetite for smut and violence is a major contributor. Certainly Tarantino is only deceiving himself if he thinks that movies like "Django" won't negatively affect those who view it.
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families — One...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 56
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 34
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Letter: End daylight saving time 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 26
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21