Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Many voices are calling for action to face up to the massacres in eastern and western regions of the U.S., where assault weapons have recently been used.
This national problem probably requires a ban on assault weapons, along with improving the background check system. Each piece of the dilemma, such as mental health accessiblity, must be considered. To keep from a partisan impasse, we need to have a leadership summit and a compact to reduce gun violence, allowing all voices to be involved.
Please lend your collaborative voice and concern to gun violence prevention.
Salt Lake City
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- Last year's Utah Compromise is a model in...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 55
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20