Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Many voices are calling for action to face up to the massacres in eastern and western regions of the U.S., where assault weapons have recently been used.
This national problem probably requires a ban on assault weapons, along with improving the background check system. Each piece of the dilemma, such as mental health accessiblity, must be considered. To keep from a partisan impasse, we need to have a leadership summit and a compact to reduce gun violence, allowing all voices to be involved.
Please lend your collaborative voice and concern to gun violence prevention.
Salt Lake City
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Search for extraterrestrial life goes on,...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 71
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 32
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- Letters: Move to the center 27
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 20