Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Many voices are calling for action to face up to the massacres in eastern and western regions of the U.S., where assault weapons have recently been used.
This national problem probably requires a ban on assault weapons, along with improving the background check system. Each piece of the dilemma, such as mental health accessiblity, must be considered. To keep from a partisan impasse, we need to have a leadership summit and a compact to reduce gun violence, allowing all voices to be involved.
Please lend your collaborative voice and concern to gun violence prevention.
Salt Lake City
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Chaffetz named... 32
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 31