Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Many voices are calling for action to face up to the massacres in eastern and western regions of the U.S., where assault weapons have recently been used.
This national problem probably requires a ban on assault weapons, along with improving the background check system. Each piece of the dilemma, such as mental health accessiblity, must be considered. To keep from a partisan impasse, we need to have a leadership summit and a compact to reduce gun violence, allowing all voices to be involved.
Please lend your collaborative voice and concern to gun violence prevention.
Salt Lake City
- My view: Has Utah's new election law created...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Let us praise GDP
- In our opinion: The special session supports...
- My view: History of abolitionists teach us an...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye, Rickey Smith
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 63
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 48
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 30
- My View: What I learned about air... 26
- My view: Has Utah's new election law... 22
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 20
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16