Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Many voices are calling for action to face up to the massacres in eastern and western regions of the U.S., where assault weapons have recently been used.
This national problem probably requires a ban on assault weapons, along with improving the background check system. Each piece of the dilemma, such as mental health accessiblity, must be considered. To keep from a partisan impasse, we need to have a leadership summit and a compact to reduce gun violence, allowing all voices to be involved.
Please lend your collaborative voice and concern to gun violence prevention.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 31
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: We can do better 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 21
- Letter: Make healthy choices 13