SALT LAKE CITY — Police have identified two men found dead last week in an apparent murder-suicide in a Salt Lake City home.
Authorities say it appears 70-year-old Andre Pappas shot his 67-year-old domestic partner, Theodore Beehakis, before killing himself. Sgt. Shawn Josephson says both men had significant medical issues.
Police say a hospice worker checked on the men Jan. 2, and contacted police when phone calls went unanswered Jan. 4.
Police say it has been difficult to contact the next of kin because the men listed each other as the emergency contact on documents.
The incident was Salt Lake City's first homicide of 2013.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12