SALT LAKE CITY — Police have identified two men found dead last week in an apparent murder-suicide in a Salt Lake City home.
Authorities say it appears 70-year-old Andre Pappas shot his 67-year-old domestic partner, Theodore Beehakis, before killing himself. Sgt. Shawn Josephson says both men had significant medical issues.
Police say a hospice worker checked on the men Jan. 2, and contacted police when phone calls went unanswered Jan. 4.
Police say it has been difficult to contact the next of kin because the men listed each other as the emergency contact on documents.
The incident was Salt Lake City's first homicide of 2013.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11