SALT LAKE CITY — Police have identified two men found dead last week in an apparent murder-suicide in a Salt Lake City home.
Authorities say it appears 70-year-old Andre Pappas shot his 67-year-old domestic partner, Theodore Beehakis, before killing himself. Sgt. Shawn Josephson says both men had significant medical issues.
Police say a hospice worker checked on the men Jan. 2, and contacted police when phone calls went unanswered Jan. 4.
Police say it has been difficult to contact the next of kin because the men listed each other as the emergency contact on documents.
The incident was Salt Lake City's first homicide of 2013.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 24
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14