SALT LAKE CITY — Police have identified two men found dead last week in an apparent murder-suicide in a Salt Lake City home.
Authorities say it appears 70-year-old Andre Pappas shot his 67-year-old domestic partner, Theodore Beehakis, before killing himself. Sgt. Shawn Josephson says both men had significant medical issues.
Police say a hospice worker checked on the men Jan. 2, and contacted police when phone calls went unanswered Jan. 4.
Police say it has been difficult to contact the next of kin because the men listed each other as the emergency contact on documents.
The incident was Salt Lake City's first homicide of 2013.
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 53
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 50
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 30
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15