SALT LAKE CITY — Police have identified two men found dead last week in an apparent murder-suicide in a Salt Lake City home.
Authorities say it appears 70-year-old Andre Pappas shot his 67-year-old domestic partner, Theodore Beehakis, before killing himself. Sgt. Shawn Josephson says both men had significant medical issues.
Police say a hospice worker checked on the men Jan. 2, and contacted police when phone calls went unanswered Jan. 4.
Police say it has been difficult to contact the next of kin because the men listed each other as the emergency contact on documents.
The incident was Salt Lake City's first homicide of 2013.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12