SALT LAKE CITY — Police have identified two men found dead last week in an apparent murder-suicide in a Salt Lake City home.
Authorities say it appears 70-year-old Andre Pappas shot his 67-year-old domestic partner, Theodore Beehakis, before killing himself. Sgt. Shawn Josephson says both men had significant medical issues.
Police say a hospice worker checked on the men Jan. 2, and contacted police when phone calls went unanswered Jan. 4.
Police say it has been difficult to contact the next of kin because the men listed each other as the emergency contact on documents.
The incident was Salt Lake City's first homicide of 2013.
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11