You know this country is in trouble when we can only meet 60 percent of our daily financial obligations and the current president says, "We don't have a spending problem."
You know we're in trouble when Bill Clinton is selected by the National Father's Day Council as Father of the Year.
And you really know we're in trouble when Sen. Orrin Hatch calls the rest of the Utah's congressional delegation "right-wing extremists" for voting against massive tax increases and continued irresponsible deficit spending.
Art Van Tielen
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Letters: Government, health care
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15