You know this country is in trouble when we can only meet 60 percent of our daily financial obligations and the current president says, "We don't have a spending problem."
You know we're in trouble when Bill Clinton is selected by the National Father's Day Council as Father of the Year.
And you really know we're in trouble when Sen. Orrin Hatch calls the rest of the Utah's congressional delegation "right-wing extremists" for voting against massive tax increases and continued irresponsible deficit spending.
Art Van Tielen
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37