Many in the media have ignored how the Obama administration has ordered arrest and detention of our citizens without due process of law.
The 2013 National Defense Authorization Act, signed into law this month, allows just that — violating rights protected by the First Amendment. A speech by Attorney General Eric Holder at Northwestern University on March 5 cements Obama's legacy as the president who pioneered secretive executions.
The ACLU responded: "Few things are as dangerous to American liberty as the proposition that our government should be able to kill our citizens anywhere in the world on the basis of legal standards and evidence that are never submitted to a court, either before or after the fact."
Now, the U.N. will target our Second Amendment right under the guise of a "small arms treaty."
- Jay Evensen: U.S. should put religious...
- Letter: SNAP for children
- Letter: America needs change
- In our opinion: Giving president 'fast-track'...
- George Chapman: A 24-hour city deserves a...
- Kenlee Hess: Immigrants improve American economy
- In our opinion: Legislative subsidy for USU...
- Dan Liljenquist: An impactful U.S.-Iran...
- In our opinion: Anti-Semitism at home... 68
- Letter: America needs change 60
- In our opinion: Senate Democrats'... 47
- Letter: Policy comparisons 46
- John Hoffmire: Is the goal equality? 44
- Richard Davis: Demos shouldn't decide... 32
- Letter: Move out of last place 31
- Jay Evensen: U.S. should put religious... 27