Many in the media have ignored how the Obama administration has ordered arrest and detention of our citizens without due process of law.
The 2013 National Defense Authorization Act, signed into law this month, allows just that — violating rights protected by the First Amendment. A speech by Attorney General Eric Holder at Northwestern University on March 5 cements Obama's legacy as the president who pioneered secretive executions.
The ACLU responded: "Few things are as dangerous to American liberty as the proposition that our government should be able to kill our citizens anywhere in the world on the basis of legal standards and evidence that are never submitted to a court, either before or after the fact."
Now, the U.N. will target our Second Amendment right under the guise of a "small arms treaty."
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- In our opinion: How committed are Obama, U.S....
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Mary Barker: Religion and politics... 17