Many in the media have ignored how the Obama administration has ordered arrest and detention of our citizens without due process of law.
The 2013 National Defense Authorization Act, signed into law this month, allows just that — violating rights protected by the First Amendment. A speech by Attorney General Eric Holder at Northwestern University on March 5 cements Obama's legacy as the president who pioneered secretive executions.
The ACLU responded: "Few things are as dangerous to American liberty as the proposition that our government should be able to kill our citizens anywhere in the world on the basis of legal standards and evidence that are never submitted to a court, either before or after the fact."
Now, the U.N. will target our Second Amendment right under the guise of a "small arms treaty."
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- Letter: Patriots or serfs?
- Lois M. Collins: Sometimes, only the police...
- In our opinion: Moving forward following...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- Michael Gerson: The arrogance of... 51
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 40
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 32
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30