Tom Smart, Deseret News
Boise State and San Diego State looking for greener pastures was understandable — but now that the Big East has imploded, the greenest pasture might be the Mountain West Conference.
A new 12-team MWC should be attractive TV-wise with cities like Denver, Salt Lake City, San Diego and Las Vegas close to some of its schools. Also, it can be a great basketball league.
Every year, it seems people are begging for the MWC to move its basketball tournament from Las Vegas, but they've already tried that. Too bad that the MWC can't trade areneas with the Pac-12, which will play their tournament in the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Then it would be on a neutral court.
The MWC future is looking brighter!
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 41
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 37
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31