Tom Smart, Deseret News
Boise State and San Diego State looking for greener pastures was understandable — but now that the Big East has imploded, the greenest pasture might be the Mountain West Conference.
A new 12-team MWC should be attractive TV-wise with cities like Denver, Salt Lake City, San Diego and Las Vegas close to some of its schools. Also, it can be a great basketball league.
Every year, it seems people are begging for the MWC to move its basketball tournament from Las Vegas, but they've already tried that. Too bad that the MWC can't trade areneas with the Pac-12, which will play their tournament in the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Then it would be on a neutral court.
The MWC future is looking brighter!
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are...
- Classical liberalism offers sole durable...
- Who was the most narcissistic president?
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic about...
- My view: 'Single issue' voters should...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap of...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 48
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are... 36
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 31
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 27
- Classical liberalism offers sole... 27