Tom Smart, Deseret News
Boise State and San Diego State looking for greener pastures was understandable — but now that the Big East has imploded, the greenest pasture might be the Mountain West Conference.
A new 12-team MWC should be attractive TV-wise with cities like Denver, Salt Lake City, San Diego and Las Vegas close to some of its schools. Also, it can be a great basketball league.
Every year, it seems people are begging for the MWC to move its basketball tournament from Las Vegas, but they've already tried that. Too bad that the MWC can't trade areneas with the Pac-12, which will play their tournament in the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Then it would be on a neutral court.
The MWC future is looking brighter!
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 47
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 37
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36