Tom Smart, Deseret News
Boise State and San Diego State looking for greener pastures was understandable — but now that the Big East has imploded, the greenest pasture might be the Mountain West Conference.
A new 12-team MWC should be attractive TV-wise with cities like Denver, Salt Lake City, San Diego and Las Vegas close to some of its schools. Also, it can be a great basketball league.
Every year, it seems people are begging for the MWC to move its basketball tournament from Las Vegas, but they've already tried that. Too bad that the MWC can't trade areneas with the Pac-12, which will play their tournament in the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Then it would be on a neutral court.
The MWC future is looking brighter!
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24