Tom Smart, Deseret News
Boise State and San Diego State looking for greener pastures was understandable — but now that the Big East has imploded, the greenest pasture might be the Mountain West Conference.
A new 12-team MWC should be attractive TV-wise with cities like Denver, Salt Lake City, San Diego and Las Vegas close to some of its schools. Also, it can be a great basketball league.
Every year, it seems people are begging for the MWC to move its basketball tournament from Las Vegas, but they've already tried that. Too bad that the MWC can't trade areneas with the Pac-12, which will play their tournament in the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Then it would be on a neutral court.
The MWC future is looking brighter!
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- In our opinion: How committed are Obama, U.S....
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- In our opinion: The Scots have set an example...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who... 24
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19