MAPLE MOUNTAIN 57, MOUNTAIN VIEW 49: Led by Aleksa Gappmayer who scored 21 points, Maple Mountain picked up the road victory. Maple Mountain had a huge second quarter, outscoring Mountain View by 10, to give it the edge in the Region 8 match-up.
SPRINGVILLE 51, OREM 39: Malia Nawahine sank four 3-pointers and scored a game-high 22 points to help Springville get the win over Orem and remain unbeaten on the season. Savannah Park and Brooke Wheeler also scored nine points apiece for the Red Devils.
WASATCH 59, UINTAH 49: Rebecca MaWhinney's powerful double-double of 18 points and 12 boards helped propel Wasatch over Uintah. Tristin Bills also drilled a pair of 3-pointers and chipped in 16 points to help the Wasps secure the win.
CARBON 42, SPANISH FORK 35: Led by Shailee Croasmun and Shelby Cornforth who each scored 11 points, Carbon came up with the narrow victory in region play. Katie Basinger added to the Dinos' cause with nine point including two treys.
SOUTH SEVIER 59, GRAND 18: South Sevier's intense defense led the Rams to victory over Grand. Kallie Fullenbach led the way for South Sevier with 13 points and Shelby Sorensen also chipped in nine points.
MONUMENT VALLEY 64, MONTICELLO 56: Heidi Nelson led all scorers with 23 points and Cassidy Augustine added 12 more in the win for Monument Valley. The Cougars pulled away, in a tightly contested battle throughout, with a big second quarter surge.
WHITEHORSE 88, NAVAJO MOUNTAIN 54: Whitehorse's outstanding offense led to the 34-point victory over Navajo Mountain at home. Rachelle Filfred scored a game-high 27 points. Celeste Lansing added 22 points with six from behind the arc.
PANGUITCH 61, WAYNE 55: Down one going into the fourth quarter, Panguitch played hard in the final period and outscored Wayne by seven to capture the road victory. The Bobcats had very balanced scoring as four players scored in double-digits while one more scored nine points. Taylor Bennett led the group with 14 points.
PIUTE 55, MILFORD 52: Piute found success in the paint during overtime and ultimately claimed the thrilling road win. Tori Gass had 18 points while Kierra Gleave and Shaylee Gleave combined for 25 points.
ESCALANTE 39, BRYCE VALLEY 34: Escalante battled its way to victory behind Lindsey Phillips' 20-point performance.
MANILA 43, DUCHESNE 38: Manila's Janell Reed scored a game-high 16 points and Rebecca Collett chipped in 10 points to lead the Mustangs to the victory. Mashaylee Giles led the way for the Eagles with 10 points.
RICH 43, SOUTH SUMMIT 42: Alisa Petersen drilled a jumper with five seconds left off a nice dish from Alyssa Brown to seal the victory for Rich. Petersen finished with a game-high 17 points in the Rebels' win.
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state tournament...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- Boys high school top track performances, 2013...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 91
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 69
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 52
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 39
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 30
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 21
- Van Noy named to Lott IMPACT trophy... 14