Here's a recap of the 80-plus boys and girls high school basketball games across the state on Friday.
DAVIS 78, SYRACUSE 62: Davis had a solid outing as it defeated Syracuse by double digits on the road. Led by Jesse Wade who scored 20 points, the Darts improved their record to 11-1 and secured the victory in their first region game of the year.
NORTHRIDGE 64, LAYTON 59: Davy Adams scored nine points in the fourth quarter to guide Northridge to the region win at home. Preston Christensen had a game-high 19 points and the Knights drilled eight 3-pointers.
WEBER 57, FREMONT 31: Weber's Mason Miles was outstanding from behind the arc as he drained five 3-pointers en rout to 15 points. Hayden Schenk also contributed greatly to the Warriors' victory as he scored a game-high 18 points while dishing out seven assists.
COPPER HILLS 58, COTTONWOOD 41: Copper Hills defeated Cottonwood as it had a hot start, outscoring Cottonwood 17-6 in the first quarter. The trio of Austin McCombs, Darius Maluia and Danny Martinez led the Grizzlies as they combined for 41 points.
JORDAN 64, WEST JORDAN 62: Chandler Smith drained a 15-footer with 1.5 seconds left to send Jordan ahead and capture the win. Smith ended with 14 points while teammate Jonas Jones scored 15 points including three 3-pointers. As a team, the Beetdiggers made nine treys compared to the Jaguars' four.
BRIGHTON 61, ALTA 59: Brighton overcame an 11-point deficit in the final 3:33 to rally for the impressive region-opening victory at Alta. Travis Devashrayee hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with 23 seconds remaining, and then Alta failed to get a shot off in its final possession. Brandon Miller led Brighton with 17 points, with Zach Bernardo adding 16.
AMERICAN FORK 73, LEHI 49: American Fork's Ryan Andrus scored a game-high 20 points and Tyler Rawson added 13 points to help propel the Cavemen over Lehi. Despite the loss, Frank Jackson led the Pioneers with nine points.
PLEASANT GROVE 71, BINGHAM 65: Pleasant Grove had four players finish in double-digits, led by Riley Court with 24, as the Vikings held on to get the road win over the Miners. Despite the loss, Brandon Morley and Braxton McKee combined for 37 points for Bingham.
ROY 54, BOX ELDER 53: David Hadley hit a driving layup to send Roy ahead with 3.6 seconds left as the Royals earned the victory. Roy's Brekkott Chapman scored a game-high 28 points and Box Elder's Shad Watson led his team with 16 points in the loss.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20