WEST VALLEY CITY — The Las Vegas Wranglers defeated the Utah Grizzlies 5-1 Friday night at Maverik Center before a hardy crowd of 3,383 who braved over 24-straight hours of snow to attend the contest.
Utah goaltender Grant Rollheiser stopped all 19 shots he saw in the first period.
"To give up 19 shots in one period in our building coming off a week's rest doesn't sit well," said Grizzlies coach Kevin Colley.
Las Vegas took advantage of Utah struggling in their own end in the second period and scored three goals in 4:54 to build a 3-0 lead, before making it 4-0 with 29 seconds left to go in the frame in a four-on-four situation.
Utah made it 4-1 in the third as Riley Armstrong fed Ian Schultz on a delayed penalty to put Utah on the board.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19