WEST VALLEY CITY — The Las Vegas Wranglers defeated the Utah Grizzlies 5-1 Friday night at Maverik Center before a hardy crowd of 3,383 who braved over 24-straight hours of snow to attend the contest.
Utah goaltender Grant Rollheiser stopped all 19 shots he saw in the first period.
"To give up 19 shots in one period in our building coming off a week's rest doesn't sit well," said Grizzlies coach Kevin Colley.
Las Vegas took advantage of Utah struggling in their own end in the second period and scored three goals in 4:54 to build a 3-0 lead, before making it 4-0 with 29 seconds left to go in the frame in a four-on-four situation.
Utah made it 4-1 in the third as Riley Armstrong fed Ian Schultz on a delayed penalty to put Utah on the board.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34