SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah residents who lost their homes to foreclosure have until January 18 to apply for money in a national mortgage settlement.
The Utah Attorney General's office says homeowners should move quickly before the deadline to apply for a payment.
The national settlement is part of a $25 billion deal with five major banks.
State Attorney General John Swallow says eligible homeowners will receive a minimum of $840, but the individual payment amount will be based on how many participate in the settlement.
Homeowners who think they may be eligible but did not receive information about the settlement can call 866-430-8358.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15