"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase," President Barack Obama promised during his campaign. "Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."
He soon violated that promise when he signed the "fiscal cliff" deal (H.R. 8) into law. This so-called "deal" raises taxes by $620 billion over 10 years and only cuts $15 billion in spending.
What the president didn't mention in his press conference about this "deal" is that a payroll tax cut will lapse, resulting in a tax increase for 77 percent of American households. Everyone from Utah rightly voted against this so called "deal" except for our senior senator, Orrin Hatch.
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 56
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 43
- Letter: Human body 41
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 37
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 25
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19