Bandages help scrapes, raise money for pediatric cancer organizations
NEW YORK — Bandages not only bind wounds. Ouchies Bandages are also raising money for three national pediatric cancer organizations through a national art contest. And kids across America are invited to participate.
As part of its "Ouchies for Others" program, kids can design Ouchies Bandages and tell their own story about the fight against pediatric cancer or anything else uplifting, with the chance to have their designs featured in the new "Ouchies for Others" bandages and tin to be released in 2013.
The contest is open to kids 18 and younger. A design template and further instructions for submitting entries can be found at www.ouchiesonline.com/bandage-art-contest. All entries will be displayed on Ouchies' Facebook page, where fans will vote by "liking" the bandage designs. 10 finalists will be chosen, and five winners will have their designs featured on the new "Ouchies for Others" bandages and tin. The deadline for entries is Jan. 25.
All profits from the sale of these new bandages will go to the Childhood Leukemia Foundation, Cookies for Kids' Cancer, and the American Childhood Cancer Organization. Earlier this year, Ouchies launched its first "Ouchies for Others" program designed to help combat bullying.
According to the National Cancer Institute, on average, 1 to 2 children out of every 10,000 in the United States develop cancer each year.
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- 11-year-old girl honors sick grandfather by...
- The Clean Cut: Children identify mom without...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: When kids get in the...
- The Clean Cut: 12-year-old boy writes,...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too... 17
- Does being married bring you closer to... 7
- Nothing to frown about: 3 baby arrivals... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- This couple lost their wedding location... 2
- Does an American child really go... 2