Bandages help scrapes, raise money for pediatric cancer organizations
NEW YORK — Bandages not only bind wounds. Ouchies Bandages are also raising money for three national pediatric cancer organizations through a national art contest. And kids across America are invited to participate.
As part of its "Ouchies for Others" program, kids can design Ouchies Bandages and tell their own story about the fight against pediatric cancer or anything else uplifting, with the chance to have their designs featured in the new "Ouchies for Others" bandages and tin to be released in 2013.
The contest is open to kids 18 and younger. A design template and further instructions for submitting entries can be found at www.ouchiesonline.com/bandage-art-contest. All entries will be displayed on Ouchies' Facebook page, where fans will vote by "liking" the bandage designs. 10 finalists will be chosen, and five winners will have their designs featured on the new "Ouchies for Others" bandages and tin. The deadline for entries is Jan. 25.
All profits from the sale of these new bandages will go to the Childhood Leukemia Foundation, Cookies for Kids' Cancer, and the American Childhood Cancer Organization. Earlier this year, Ouchies launched its first "Ouchies for Others" program designed to help combat bullying.
According to the National Cancer Institute, on average, 1 to 2 children out of every 10,000 in the United States develop cancer each year.
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions stealing...
- 2015 summer festivals and celebrations around...
- 21 things to look forward to at Disneyland's...
- Motherhood Matters: 6 ways to help your shy...
- It's 'trauma season' in Utah for children
- Why my husband never sleeps on the... 22
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12
- Why exposing your children to another... 7
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions... 5
- How different types of mothers have... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4