The Davis County Republican Central Committee will meet on Jan. 5. A pending resolution, submitted by Leg 15 Chair Marv Cook, proposes the following: "Advocate to the Utah Republican Party and State Elected Officials to pass legislation, which will make all School Board Elections Partisan. The URP system of selecting candidates to run for elected positions has proven itself to be a valuable tool for vetting candidates for public office and should be expanded to include all State and County School Boards."
How on earth does party affiliation have anything to do with making a person suitable for public office? Let the best qualified people run for state and county school boards without the meddling and negative influence of party politics.
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Medicare Advantage
- In our opinion: National security and... 66
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 43
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13