The Davis County Republican Central Committee will meet on Jan. 5. A pending resolution, submitted by Leg 15 Chair Marv Cook, proposes the following: "Advocate to the Utah Republican Party and State Elected Officials to pass legislation, which will make all School Board Elections Partisan. The URP system of selecting candidates to run for elected positions has proven itself to be a valuable tool for vetting candidates for public office and should be expanded to include all State and County School Boards."
How on earth does party affiliation have anything to do with making a person suitable for public office? Let the best qualified people run for state and county school boards without the meddling and negative influence of party politics.
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Richard Davis: Why do I serve?
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: Coal and job creation 18