The Davis County Republican Central Committee will meet on Jan. 5. A pending resolution, submitted by Leg 15 Chair Marv Cook, proposes the following: "Advocate to the Utah Republican Party and State Elected Officials to pass legislation, which will make all School Board Elections Partisan. The URP system of selecting candidates to run for elected positions has proven itself to be a valuable tool for vetting candidates for public office and should be expanded to include all State and County School Boards."
How on earth does party affiliation have anything to do with making a person suitable for public office? Let the best qualified people run for state and county school boards without the meddling and negative influence of party politics.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 46
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 37
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37