The Davis County Republican Central Committee will meet on Jan. 5. A pending resolution, submitted by Leg 15 Chair Marv Cook, proposes the following: "Advocate to the Utah Republican Party and State Elected Officials to pass legislation, which will make all School Board Elections Partisan. The URP system of selecting candidates to run for elected positions has proven itself to be a valuable tool for vetting candidates for public office and should be expanded to include all State and County School Boards."
How on earth does party affiliation have anything to do with making a person suitable for public office? Let the best qualified people run for state and county school boards without the meddling and negative influence of party politics.
- My view: Obama has you cornered with K-12...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Letter: Human body
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog is gone
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A more...
- My view: Use of force debate should recognize...
- In our opinion: School libraries need...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Five principles to help guide public... 92
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 61
- Letter: Human body 36
- Robert J. Samuelson: The trouble with... 15
- Drew Clark: We need to consider... 15
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 13
- Letter: Transportation component 11
- My view: Obama has you cornered with... 9