It has been an exciting couple of weeks of basketball in the Western Athletics Conference as conference play start, with two different teams are undefeated against conference rivals.
Utah State has a 4-0 record in conference play and following just behind is Louisiana Tech at 3-0. The two teams are set to meet head-to-head on Jan. 26 in Logan.
USUs most exciting wins came last week against Seattle University 75-66 that put the Aggies at 3-0. Two days later, Idaho traveled south to meet up with Utah State where USU defeated in overtime 82-75.
Louisiana Tech had three exciting conference games in a row between Dec. 29 and Jan. 5. LTUs most recent win came in a low-scoring win against UT Arlington 55-52. The two competitions before that were wins against Denver and New Mexico State. The Pioneers are 3-1 in conference play while New Mexico State sits 2-2.
Denver isnt the only one with a 3-1 WAC record. San Jose State shares the same record and also took home a win over Seattle University on Jan. 5.
Besides the Louisiana Tech matchup against Utah State, Jan. 11 presents another exciting contest, with SJSU against the Aggies of Utah State.
Other big matchups next week in the WAC will include Seattle heading to San Jose to take on SJSU on Jan. 17 and New Mexico taking on Utah State in Las Cruces, N.M.
Here are the current WAC standings:
1. Utah State 4-0 (13-1)
2. Louisiana Tech 3-0 (12-3)
3. San Jose State 3-1 (9-6)
3. Denver 3-1 (7-7)
4. Idaho 2-1 (6-7)
5. New Mexico State 2-2 (8-8)
6. UT Arlington 1-2 (6-6)
7. Seattle U 0-3 (5-8)
8. UTSA 0-4 (4-10)
9. Texas State 0-4 (4-12)
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- Morning links: Were the Utes the latest...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 74
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35