It has been an exciting couple of weeks of basketball in the Western Athletics Conference as conference play start, with two different teams are undefeated against conference rivals.
Utah State has a 4-0 record in conference play and following just behind is Louisiana Tech at 3-0. The two teams are set to meet head-to-head on Jan. 26 in Logan.
USUs most exciting wins came last week against Seattle University 75-66 that put the Aggies at 3-0. Two days later, Idaho traveled south to meet up with Utah State where USU defeated in overtime 82-75.
Louisiana Tech had three exciting conference games in a row between Dec. 29 and Jan. 5. LTUs most recent win came in a low-scoring win against UT Arlington 55-52. The two competitions before that were wins against Denver and New Mexico State. The Pioneers are 3-1 in conference play while New Mexico State sits 2-2.
Denver isnt the only one with a 3-1 WAC record. San Jose State shares the same record and also took home a win over Seattle University on Jan. 5.
Besides the Louisiana Tech matchup against Utah State, Jan. 11 presents another exciting contest, with SJSU against the Aggies of Utah State.
Other big matchups next week in the WAC will include Seattle heading to San Jose to take on SJSU on Jan. 17 and New Mexico taking on Utah State in Las Cruces, N.M.
Here are the current WAC standings:
1. Utah State 4-0 (13-1)
2. Louisiana Tech 3-0 (12-3)
3. San Jose State 3-1 (9-6)
3. Denver 3-1 (7-7)
4. Idaho 2-1 (6-7)
5. New Mexico State 2-2 (8-8)
6. UT Arlington 1-2 (6-6)
7. Seattle U 0-3 (5-8)
8. UTSA 0-4 (4-10)
9. Texas State 0-4 (4-12)
- Tournament central: 5A boys quarterfinals...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit smiles...
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks off...
- Catching up: Old friends Andre Miller, Alex...
- High school boys basketball: Davis survives...
- High school boys basketball: American Fork...
- CougarLinks: Daniel Sorensen deemed a winner...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- Jimmer Fredette makes debut with... 68
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 55
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 54
- UteLinks: A look at Utah's RPI breakdown 52
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 46
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 42
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28