Brad Rock, Bill Riley named Utah's Sportswriter, Sportscaster of the Year
SALISBURY, N.C. — Brad Rock of the Deseret News and Bill Riley of ESPN 700AM have been named Utah's Sportswriter and Sportscaster of the Year for 2012. The announcement was made Thursday by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association. Riley is a first-time honoree, while Rock is a five-time winner.
Other Utah finalists included sportscasters Dane Greene (ABC4) and Gordon Monson (1280 The Zone), as well as sportswriters Dirk Facer (Deseret News) and Kurt Kragthorpe (Salt Lake Tribune).
State winners from across the country will be honored along with Hall of Fame inductees Dick Vitale and Mitch Albom, plus national honorees Dan Patrick and Peter King, at the 54th annual NSSA Awards Weekend in Salisbury, N.C., June 8-10.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22