Snow College football: Britt Maughan replaces Tyler Hughes as head coach
EPHRAIM — Britt Maughan was named Thursday as the head football coach at Snow College after Tyler Hughes stepped down earlier this week to continue his education full time. Hughes will remain at Snow College through the spring semester, teaching classes and working with Maughan and the rest of the coaching staff to ensure a smooth transition.
"I am thrilled for Britt," said Hughes. "He has played a huge part in the success at Snow as he has been here during four of the five 11-win seasons Snow has had. I couldn't be happier for him and (his wife) Amanda. He will do an incredible job." Snow had 11-win seasons in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2012, as well as in 1985 when it won a national championship.
"I am honored to become the head coach at Snow College," Maughan said. "My wife and I love it here and we are very excited for the opportunity to continue to build upon the great tradition that has been established. I am sorry to see coach Hughes go; he is a great friend and coach. I have enjoyed my time working with him and I know every coach and player will miss him."
Maughan has served the past two years as Snow's defensive coordinator. He was Snow's linebackers coach and recruiting coordinator from 2006 through 2008. He then spent two years at the University of Utah where he coached safeties in 2009 and linebackers in 2010 while he was taking graduate level courses. In 2004 he was the running backs coach at Ben Lomond High School and the following year was the Scots' offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. He started his coaching career as the line coach at his alma mater, Weber High School, in 2003.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13