Our take: The debate about gun control continues in the U.S., and British CNN Host Piers Morgan has been criticized for his outspoken views on gun control. CBS News writes about how Americans have reacted to Morgan's opinions:
Piers Morgan has a long history of outrage towards the gun culture in America. After July's shooting in Aurora, the British CNN host said, "The day to debate it was yesterday to prevent this from happening."
But, after last month's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, his outrage boiled over. He has kept "Guns in America," as a primary focus of his nightly broadcast, and asked "How many more kids have to die, before you guys say, 'We want less guns, not more?'"
Critics petitioned the White House, calling for Morgans' deportation. More than 100,000 signed on to a petition for his deportation.
Tuesday, the White House responded, saying, "No one should be punished by the government simply because he or she expressed a view on the Second Amendment."
Morgan continues to tackle the divisive issue head-on -- this week he went toe-to-toe with Alex Jones, the radio host leading the call for his deportation on his own show.
Read more about Piers Morgan: Gun debate must be heard "loud and clear" on CBS News.
- Washington Post writer: Mitt Romney lost...
- Colorado Mormons join other faiths in...
- Pew study: News media inserted bias into gay...
- Men's Wearhouse fires founder and current...
- Facebook goes down, users flood Twitter
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at Miss USA...
- LeBron James helps Heat stave off Game 6...
- Cap'n Crunch refutes claims he's not actually...
- Washington Post writer: Mitt Romney... 69
- Pew study: News media inserted bias... 56
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 26
- Parents rally after Canadian elementary... 24
- NSA director says surveillance programs... 21
- New York English teacher assigns... 18
- Officials: NSA programs broke terrorist... 16
- IRS official: Washington scrutinized... 15