Our take: The debate about gun control continues in the U.S., and British CNN Host Piers Morgan has been criticized for his outspoken views on gun control. CBS News writes about how Americans have reacted to Morgan's opinions:
Piers Morgan has a long history of outrage towards the gun culture in America. After July's shooting in Aurora, the British CNN host said, "The day to debate it was yesterday to prevent this from happening."
But, after last month's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, his outrage boiled over. He has kept "Guns in America," as a primary focus of his nightly broadcast, and asked "How many more kids have to die, before you guys say, 'We want less guns, not more?'"
Critics petitioned the White House, calling for Morgans' deportation. More than 100,000 signed on to a petition for his deportation.
Tuesday, the White House responded, saying, "No one should be punished by the government simply because he or she expressed a view on the Second Amendment."
Morgan continues to tackle the divisive issue head-on -- this week he went toe-to-toe with Alex Jones, the radio host leading the call for his deportation on his own show.
Read more about Piers Morgan: Gun debate must be heard "loud and clear" on CBS News.
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Sexual harassment? Colorado school suspends...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- Nelson Mandela's faith made him a worldwide...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 123
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 119
- Space and religion: How believers view... 23
- Health care debate about presidential... 22
- Obama administration will allow green... 17
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 17
- The American Dream is still alive for... 10
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10