Here's a recap of the 35 boys and girls basketball games from Wednesday night, which includes a heavy slate of boys basketball in 3A:
LONE PEAK 70, RIVERTON 40: Eric Mika finished with 15 points, along with 18 rebounds to record a double-double in the Lone Peak victory. Nick Emery added 26 points, including four 3-pointers, for the nationally-ranked Knights.
DESERT HILLS 48, PINE VIEW 39: Led by Ty Rutledge, who scored a game-high 22 points, Desert Hills slowly but surely expanded its lead and ultimately earned the win. Pine View's Dallin Milne scored 15 points in the loss.
JUDGE MEMORIAL 58, WASATCH 45: Ryan Pauley and Patrick Neville scored 20 points and 17 points respectively as Judge jumped out to a big 21-6 first quarter lead and never looked back in improving to 2-0 in league play with the win over Wasatch.
BEN LOMOND 47, GRANTSVILLE 39: Ben Lomond held Grantsville scoreless in the third quarter which proved to be the key as the Scots picked up the eight-point win. Ben Lomond's Sage Eastburn scored a game-high 15 points while Sterling Brandley scored 14 points.
OGDEN 73, TOOELE 43: Spencer Smith posted 21 points as the Tigers jumped out to a 21-6 lead after the first quarter on its way to the easy victory.
MORGAN 76, BEAR RIVER 75: Jake Miles scored 38 points -- one shy of a career high -- and knocked down 15-of-15 free throws to lead Morgan to an impressive region victory at Bear River. Cameron Skinner added 14 points for the Trojans, who shot 23 of 27 from the line compared to just 4 of 5 for Bear River. Wade Miller led Bear River with 28 points on six 3-pointers.
PAROWAN 33, BEAVER 30: Tristan Adams buried the game-winning shot as Parowan handed Beaver its first loss of the season.
ENTERPRISE 42, KANAB 40: Enterprise led for most of the night and held off visiting Kanab down the stretch to capture the close win. Justin Prisbey led the Moquis with 17 points and eight rebounds.
ROWLAND HALL 60, MAESER PREP 40: Wesley Austin led all scorers with 20 points, and Rowland Hall held Maeser to just 12 points in the second half for the region win.
NORTH SUMMIT 72, WATERFORD 58: Landon Richins came up with a big double-double as he scored 17 points and grabbed 14 boards to lead North Summit to the victory in the Region 14 opener for both teams.
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school track: Ogden's Sarah Feeny breaks...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- High school track: Boys championship results...
- High school track: Park City's Ben Saarel...
- Considerable work, planning has gone... 71
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 66
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 61
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 60
- Utes football: No changes imminent for... 56
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- BYU football to receive 6-figure payout... 41