Weber State basketball: Wildcats aim at 6 straight wins vs. SUU
CEDAR CITY — Weber State is generating national attention and justifiably so. After yet another convincing win against North Dakota, the 'Cats have won eight of their last nine, including five straight, and in ESPN analyst Joe Lunardi's recent Bracketology, WSU is predicted to win the Big Sky and enter the NCAA tournament as a No. 13 seed.
That's all fine and dandy, but Weber State (9-3, 4-0) needs to continue to take care of business. The Wildcats will board the bus, drive four hours southbound and square up against Southern Utah (5-8, 3-1) at the Centrum on Thursday at 7 p.m.
WSU has won five consecutive meetings against the Thunderbirds, including the 84-66 win in Ogden last year. The T-Birds are led by Jackson Stevenett, a junior 6-foot-4 forward who chips in 14.9 ppg and 6.3 rpg. In the frontcourt, Damon Heuir averages slightly more than 14 points and 3.9 rebounds.
Weber State's Scott Bamforth was named the Big Sky Player of the Week after shooting lights out from distance. In games against Northern Colorado and North Dakota, Bamforth averaged 20.5 points per game and was 10-of-15 from beyond the rainbow.
Wildcats on the air
Weber State (9-3, 4-0) at Southern Utah (5-8, 3-1)
Centrum Arena, Cedar City
Tonight, 7 p.m.
TV: None Radio: 1280AM
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: tphibbsami
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Live streams: 1A volleyball tournament...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 59
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 34
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32