Weber State basketball: Wildcats aim at 6 straight wins vs. SUU
CEDAR CITY — Weber State is generating national attention and justifiably so. After yet another convincing win against North Dakota, the 'Cats have won eight of their last nine, including five straight, and in ESPN analyst Joe Lunardi's recent Bracketology, WSU is predicted to win the Big Sky and enter the NCAA tournament as a No. 13 seed.
That's all fine and dandy, but Weber State (9-3, 4-0) needs to continue to take care of business. The Wildcats will board the bus, drive four hours southbound and square up against Southern Utah (5-8, 3-1) at the Centrum on Thursday at 7 p.m.
WSU has won five consecutive meetings against the Thunderbirds, including the 84-66 win in Ogden last year. The T-Birds are led by Jackson Stevenett, a junior 6-foot-4 forward who chips in 14.9 ppg and 6.3 rpg. In the frontcourt, Damon Heuir averages slightly more than 14 points and 3.9 rebounds.
Weber State's Scott Bamforth was named the Big Sky Player of the Week after shooting lights out from distance. In games against Northern Colorado and North Dakota, Bamforth averaged 20.5 points per game and was 10-of-15 from beyond the rainbow.
Wildcats on the air
Weber State (9-3, 4-0) at Southern Utah (5-8, 3-1)
Centrum Arena, Cedar City
Tonight, 7 p.m.
TV: None Radio: 1280AM
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: tphibbsami
- 'Meet the Mormons' missionary, Anthony...
- BYU football: Kai Nacua looking forward after...
- BYU basketball: National experts weigh in on...
- Lexi Eaton scores 30, including game-winner,...
- Breaking down the field: West Coast...
- Utes struggle, survive scare but eventually...
- BYU looking to get off bubble, into NCAA...
- Doug Robinson: Enes Kanter trade a win-win so...
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 79
- Utes struggle, survive scare but... 53
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 52
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 45
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 43
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40
- BYU football: Kai Nacua looking forward... 38