Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
I had to laugh at Gov. Gary Herbert's inaugural address about taking on tough challenges and not postponing difficult decisions. Here are a few of the tough challenges this governor has not taken on:
Asking Utah parents to step up and pay the price for their children's education.
Improving the solidly mediocre performance of Utah schools.
Cleaning up the worst air in the nation.
Bucking his big oil-and-gas donors in order to support renewable energy.
In fact, I can't think of a single tough job this governor has done or ever will do.
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do we care?
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah businesses...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to adopt a...
- Susan Roylance: UN attempts to reform the...
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Family safety and vaccination concerns...
- My view: Now is the time for significant...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 33
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 31
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28