Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
I had to laugh at Gov. Gary Herbert's inaugural address about taking on tough challenges and not postponing difficult decisions. Here are a few of the tough challenges this governor has not taken on:
Asking Utah parents to step up and pay the price for their children's education.
Improving the solidly mediocre performance of Utah schools.
Cleaning up the worst air in the nation.
Bucking his big oil-and-gas donors in order to support renewable energy.
In fact, I can't think of a single tough job this governor has done or ever will do.
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- My view: Let's reserve costly prison beds for...
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 72
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Utah's birthright 45
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 38