Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
I had to laugh at Gov. Gary Herbert's inaugural address about taking on tough challenges and not postponing difficult decisions. Here are a few of the tough challenges this governor has not taken on:
Asking Utah parents to step up and pay the price for their children's education.
Improving the solidly mediocre performance of Utah schools.
Cleaning up the worst air in the nation.
Bucking his big oil-and-gas donors in order to support renewable energy.
In fact, I can't think of a single tough job this governor has done or ever will do.
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 50
- Capitalism and the common good:... 43
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36