Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
I had to laugh at Gov. Gary Herbert's inaugural address about taking on tough challenges and not postponing difficult decisions. Here are a few of the tough challenges this governor has not taken on:
Asking Utah parents to step up and pay the price for their children's education.
Improving the solidly mediocre performance of Utah schools.
Cleaning up the worst air in the nation.
Bucking his big oil-and-gas donors in order to support renewable energy.
In fact, I can't think of a single tough job this governor has done or ever will do.
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked by...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Michael Gerson: Common Core standards are not...
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 79
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21