Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
I had to laugh at Gov. Gary Herbert's inaugural address about taking on tough challenges and not postponing difficult decisions. Here are a few of the tough challenges this governor has not taken on:
Asking Utah parents to step up and pay the price for their children's education.
Improving the solidly mediocre performance of Utah schools.
Cleaning up the worst air in the nation.
Bucking his big oil-and-gas donors in order to support renewable energy.
In fact, I can't think of a single tough job this governor has done or ever will do.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Kathleen Parker: Placing blame for massive...
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 42
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 28