Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
I had to laugh at Gov. Gary Herbert's inaugural address about taking on tough challenges and not postponing difficult decisions. Here are a few of the tough challenges this governor has not taken on:
Asking Utah parents to step up and pay the price for their children's education.
Improving the solidly mediocre performance of Utah schools.
Cleaning up the worst air in the nation.
Bucking his big oil-and-gas donors in order to support renewable energy.
In fact, I can't think of a single tough job this governor has done or ever will do.
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Letter: Greater security
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil drilling
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- Letter: Kill off expansion
- Jay Evensen: Here's why we should fear...
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith may be...
- A. Scott Anderson: We all must take steps to...