Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
I had to laugh at Gov. Gary Herbert's inaugural address about taking on tough challenges and not postponing difficult decisions. Here are a few of the tough challenges this governor has not taken on:
Asking Utah parents to step up and pay the price for their children's education.
Improving the solidly mediocre performance of Utah schools.
Cleaning up the worst air in the nation.
Bucking his big oil-and-gas donors in order to support renewable energy.
In fact, I can't think of a single tough job this governor has done or ever will do.
- My View: What I learned about air pollution...
- My view: Has Utah's new election law created...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Let us praise GDP
- In our opinion: The special session supports...
- My view: History of abolitionists teach us an...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye, Rickey Smith
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 60
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 46
- My View: What I learned about air... 26
- My view: Has Utah's new election law... 22
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 19
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 17
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 16