Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
I had to laugh at Gov. Gary Herbert's inaugural address about taking on tough challenges and not postponing difficult decisions. Here are a few of the tough challenges this governor has not taken on:
Asking Utah parents to step up and pay the price for their children's education.
Improving the solidly mediocre performance of Utah schools.
Cleaning up the worst air in the nation.
Bucking his big oil-and-gas donors in order to support renewable energy.
In fact, I can't think of a single tough job this governor has done or ever will do.
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Dan Liljenquist: Utah Retirement System audit...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually can make...
- National debt not just financial issue...
- Letter: Put people in control
- In Our Opinion: Hatch-Cardin bill to make...
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar question...
- Letter: Beware of barbecued bugs
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 49
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar... 48
- Letter: Solar surcharge 34
- In our opinion: Study cites excessive... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher evaluations a... 30
- Michael Gerson: Republicans should... 30
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 28
- Letter: Keep it simple 27