Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
I had to laugh at Gov. Gary Herbert's inaugural address about taking on tough challenges and not postponing difficult decisions. Here are a few of the tough challenges this governor has not taken on:
Asking Utah parents to step up and pay the price for their children's education.
Improving the solidly mediocre performance of Utah schools.
Cleaning up the worst air in the nation.
Bucking his big oil-and-gas donors in order to support renewable energy.
In fact, I can't think of a single tough job this governor has done or ever will do.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Letter: More Lehi gridlock?
- Letter: Draper real estate
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 78
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 65
- Letter: Human body 41
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 34
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 32
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 26
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 18