Laura Seitz, Deseret News
As I listen to the gun debate, I hear people who want more restriction on guns.
That may work on those who obey the law. My question is how are you going to get a criminal to take gun safety class or go through background checks?
If one obeys the law, new laws will help. But if you are intent on breaking the law, new laws will not work.
- Natalie Gochnour: The best of Utah...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Net neutrality could...
- Jay Evensen: Open wide and swallow your tax...
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges...
- Letter: Why such controversy?
- In our opinion: Closing the 'discipline gap'...
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme Court...
- Letter: Live long and prosper
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 97
- Letter: Same stale air 48
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 42
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme... 32
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 28