Laura Seitz, Deseret News
As I listen to the gun debate, I hear people who want more restriction on guns.
That may work on those who obey the law. My question is how are you going to get a criminal to take gun safety class or go through background checks?
If one obeys the law, new laws will help. But if you are intent on breaking the law, new laws will not work.
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- My view: Global warming needs free market
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 60
- Letter: Growing party divide 52
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 50
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 39
- Letter: Speed limit increase 26