Laura Seitz, Deseret News
As I listen to the gun debate, I hear people who want more restriction on guns.
That may work on those who obey the law. My question is how are you going to get a criminal to take gun safety class or go through background checks?
If one obeys the law, new laws will help. But if you are intent on breaking the law, new laws will not work.
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21