GRANGER 54, HUNTER 46: Lile Havili scored 16 points as Granger used a big second half to pull away from Hunter for the region victory.
VIEWMONT 47, WEST 42: Caitlyn Larsen scored 13 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Viewmont to the victory over West. Katie Toole led the Vikings with 16 points.
KEARNS 37, TAYLORSVILLE 23: After building a large lead in the first quarter, Kearns coasted through the second half in the victory over Taylorsville. Tasha Ika led the way for the Cougars while C'era Valdez added nine more.
COPPER HILLS 47, JORDAN 42: Copper Hills eked out a win over visiting Jordan thanks to solid performances from Savannah Sandberg and Yarima Gutierrez who scored 16 and 13 points, respectively. Gutierrez added 13 boards to complete the double-double.
BRIGHTON 55, WEST JORDAN 49: Maddy Chin scored 18 points to lead Brighton to the road victory. The Bengals shot 11 for 15 from the charity stripe to earn the region win.
ALTA 63, COTTONWOOD 58: In a tightly-contested region game, Madyson Quigley scored 16 points to lead Alta to the double-overtime win. Cottonwood standout Nichole Kristensen led all scorers with 22 points in the loss.
RIVERTON 77, LEHI 44: Shelby Richard came off the bench and created a spark for Riverton with a team-high 17 points. The Silverwolves improved to 12-0 with the region-opening win.
AMERICAN FORK 50, PLEASANT GROVE 48: Jaylee Shepherd scored 22 points as American Fork held on for the narrow region victory on the road. MeKenna Miles dropped in 17 points for Pleasant Grove, as the home team rallied for a 17-5 fourth quarter run in the loss.
BINGHAM 54, LONE PEAK 27: Ashton Henderson and Mackenzie Bruggeman combined for 24 points, and Bingham finished the game on a 15-3 fourth quarter run in the region victory on the road.
CYPRUS 55, EAST 41: Abby Barrett finished with 11 points and 17 rebounds, and Marquessa Gilson contributed 12 steals to help lead Cyprus to the region victory.
BOUNTIFUL 64, HIGHLAND 33: The Braves used a big second half to pull away with the win, and were led by Jeddy Skedros with 22 points.
HILLCREST 40, WESTLAKE 38: Hillcrest held off Westlake to earn the victory after jumping out to a 18-5 lead in the first quarter. Whitney Nemelka had a solid outing for Hillcrest as she scored 17 points and added nine steals.
MURRAY 50, OLYMPUS 48: Murray earned the double-overtime victory in an intense battle with Olympus. The Spartans were led by Bailey Leiter who scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds.
MOUNTAIN VIEW 53, PROVO 42: After falling behind by seven in the first quarter, the Bruins outscored Provo 17-4 in the second quarter and never looked back as Paulani Tarawa and Gentry Oldham led the way with 21 combined points.
SPRINGVILLE 69, TIMPANOGOS 56: Springville's Maila Nawahine scored 22 points while two other players scored in double figures. Timpanogos was led by Jamaica Christensen who scored 14 points.
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Deseret News Classic Marathon: Van de Camp,...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 95
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 78
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 53
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 44
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 29
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26