On a busy Tuesday night of high school basketball, Maple Mountain's upset of Timpview on the boys side and then Snow Canyon's win over Desert Hills on the girls side highlight the action:
PROVO 50, MOUNTAIN VIEW 38: Brian Carter led three Provo players in double figures with 15 points, as the Bulldogs used a 16-6 run in the second quarter to take control of the game for a region victory.
OREM 73, SALEM HILLS 45: Dalton Nixon scored 20 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as Orem rolled past Salem Hills to improve to 2-0 in league play. Quinn Peters added 17 points, five rebounds and five assists for the Tigers.
SPRINGVILLE 63, TIMPANOGOS 60: Springville entered Timpanogos with a perfect record and emerged with a narrow overtime victory to stay undefeated. Four players scored in double figures for the Red Devils led by Bradley Kitchen who scored 18 points.
PARK CITY 39, JUAN DIEGO 38: Ryan Sherman made the go-ahead bucket to seal the win for Park City in the last 17 seconds of the game. Gabe Colosimo was the leading scorer for Juan Diego with 15 points.
ROY 52, SKYLINE 35: Brekkott Chapman carried Roy in its road victory as he scored 29 points. Chapman hit two 3-pointers and went 11 of 12 from the line.
WEBER 71, BONNEVILLE 53: Weber came up with a victory on the road as it made 18 free throws compared to Bonneville's two. Hayden Schenck led the Warriors with 27 points while Garrett Beckey added 10 more.
BOX ELDER 49, CLEARFIELD 44: Shad Watson finished with 15 points and Tyler Bate added a dozen points to help Box Elder earn the nonregion victory at home. The Bees managed to go 17 for 18 from the free throw line in the win.
EAST 69, HERRIMAN 68: Down 22 points to start the fourth quarter, East came back to secure the home win over Herriman. Parker Van Dyke, scoring 36 points, made two free throws with four seconds left to give East its first lead in the game.
LAYTON 51, WEBER 43: Livia Treseder led the Lancers to a win in their region opener with 17 points. Erin Reichle led the Warriors with 22 points, including three 3-point shots.
FREMONT 70, SYRACUSE 54: The Silver Wolves established an early lead and then withheld the Syracuse rally to hang on for the victory. Amanda Wayment led all scorers with 29 points and Shleby Molen added 20 more for Fremont.
DAVIS 52, NORTHRIDGE 37: Jessica Richardson led the Davis attack with 13 points and the Darts doubled Northridge on free throw attempts in the lopsided victory.
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- Stump the Smith: Can you answer the questions...
- Hard work, dedication pay off for Utah's Karl...
- ESPN trivia guru: University of Utah graduate...
- LIVE TODAY: Deseret News live streaming...
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino leaves BYU...
- High school softball: Copper Hills earns a...
- Randy Hollis: Coach Phil Russell made a huge...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Hard work, dedication pay off for... 32
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 29
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino... 11
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8