LOGAN — Mark Weber, who spent the last six seasons as an offensive line coach at BYU, has been named Utah State's offensive line coach and assistant head coach.
Weber has 34 years of collegiate coaching experience and has been involved in 15 bowl games. During his time at BYU, Weber coached six first-team all-Mountain West offensive linemen, including two All-Americans in Dallas Reynolds and Matt Reynolds.
"Mark Weber is a veteran offensive line coach with a background as a tough, fierce competitor," said USU head coach Matt Wells in press release Monday. "Mark brings a great deal of experience with him to Utah State and has tremendous knowledge about football in the state of Utah. His time spent in the Mountain West Conference will aid us as we transition into a new league, and we welcome Mark and his family to Logan."
The feeling seems mutual.
"I'm really excited to work for Matt Wells. There is great energy and momentum with the Aggie program and I'm thrilled to get the chance to help in its growth," said Weber. "Matt is innovative and energetic and did a fantastic job as Utah State's offensive coordinator. I love the way those offensive linemen play with their mindset and attitude, and I can't wait to be part of that program and around those kids."
Prior to his stint at BYU, Weber spent one season at North Carolina (2006) and two years at Fresno State (2004-05), where he mentored All-America Logan Mankins, a first-round pick of the New England Patriots, and Cole Popevich, who was a freshman All-America.
Weber spent seven seasons at UCLA (1997-2003) prior to his stint at Fresno State, helping guide the Bruins to five bowl appearances, including the 1999 Rose Bowl and a pair of Pac-10 titles. At UCLA, he coached two first-team All-Americas, including Kris Farris, who won the 1998 Outland Trophy. He also mentored three freshmen All-Americas and six players who garnered all-Pac-10 honors.
Weber and his wife, Kathryn, have two daughters, Allie and KaCee.
Mark Weber File
2013- Utah State – Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line
2007-12 BYU – Offensive Line
2006 North Carolina – Offensive Line
2004-05 Fresno State – Offensive Line
1997-2003 UCLA – Offensive Line
1994-96 UNLV – Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line
1993 Nevada – Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line
1991 Missouri Western State College – Defensive Line
1987-90 Oregon State – Offensive Line
1985-86 West Texas State – Assistant Coach
1983-84 Eastern New Mexico – Assistant Coach
1982 Snow College – Assistant Coach
1980-81 Idaho State – Graduate Assistant
1979 Los Angeles Valley College – Assistant Coach
1978-80 Cal Lutheran – Offensive Guard
1980 Cal Lutheran – Physical Education
1981 Idaho State – Physical Education (masters)
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces...
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters BYU's...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Surviving the unthinkable: Utah lineman who...
- Forget Kaepernick, Taysom Hill should be...
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay forever
- Season-ending victory hurts Utah Jazz's...
- Jabari to the Jazz? Fans react to Parker's...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 64
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 55
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 51
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 47
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 39
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24