Letter: Abominable tax rates for the half who supports the half that doesn't pay taxes
Jacquelyn Martin, ASSOCIATED PRESS
As a past veteran who has served and very much loves his country, I consider some coming implications in this land to represent an "abomi-nation."
It is unfortunate because roughly half the people who pay no taxes expect to be supported by the roughly half who do pay taxes. This concept is a failing principle.
I think of King Arthur and his beloved Camelot that fell short of their goals. Now, we face a new situation from those who want unfettered spending and big government, whose goals have altered us to become a land of "Taxalot."
Salt Lake City
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 38
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 26
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22
- My view: Drafting women a threat to... 17