Letter: Abominable tax rates for the half who supports the half that doesn't pay taxes
Jacquelyn Martin, ASSOCIATED PRESS
As a past veteran who has served and very much loves his country, I consider some coming implications in this land to represent an "abomi-nation."
It is unfortunate because roughly half the people who pay no taxes expect to be supported by the roughly half who do pay taxes. This concept is a failing principle.
I think of King Arthur and his beloved Camelot that fell short of their goals. Now, we face a new situation from those who want unfettered spending and big government, whose goals have altered us to become a land of "Taxalot."
Salt Lake City
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 43
- Letter: Medically fragile 39
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Duties of the job 28
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 24
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the... 23