Letter: Abominable tax rates for the half who supports the half that doesn't pay taxes
Jacquelyn Martin, ASSOCIATED PRESS
As a past veteran who has served and very much loves his country, I consider some coming implications in this land to represent an "abomi-nation."
It is unfortunate because roughly half the people who pay no taxes expect to be supported by the roughly half who do pay taxes. This concept is a failing principle.
I think of King Arthur and his beloved Camelot that fell short of their goals. Now, we face a new situation from those who want unfettered spending and big government, whose goals have altered us to become a land of "Taxalot."
Salt Lake City
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- In our opinion: Utah sees improvement in...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 57
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 38
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30