Letter: Abominable tax rates for the half who supports the half that doesn't pay taxes
Jacquelyn Martin, ASSOCIATED PRESS
As a past veteran who has served and very much loves his country, I consider some coming implications in this land to represent an "abomi-nation."
It is unfortunate because roughly half the people who pay no taxes expect to be supported by the roughly half who do pay taxes. This concept is a failing principle.
I think of King Arthur and his beloved Camelot that fell short of their goals. Now, we face a new situation from those who want unfettered spending and big government, whose goals have altered us to become a land of "Taxalot."
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 23