Letter: Abominable tax rates for the half who supports the half that doesn't pay taxes
Jacquelyn Martin, ASSOCIATED PRESS
As a past veteran who has served and very much loves his country, I consider some coming implications in this land to represent an "abomi-nation."
It is unfortunate because roughly half the people who pay no taxes expect to be supported by the roughly half who do pay taxes. This concept is a failing principle.
I think of King Arthur and his beloved Camelot that fell short of their goals. Now, we face a new situation from those who want unfettered spending and big government, whose goals have altered us to become a land of "Taxalot."
Salt Lake City
- About Utah: They got exactly what they wished...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- My view: TPA trade agreement counts as...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies undertaken...
- Letter: Land for the young people
- Letter: Sovereign flag
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: 7 inconsistencies...
- In our opinion: After court's marriage...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 58
- Letter: Sovereign flag 44
- In our opinion: After court's marriage... 42
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: 7... 38
- In our opinion: In wake of ACA ruling,... 29
- George F. Will: Chief Justice John... 22
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 19
- Sistas in Zion: Reaction to racial... 18