Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am a 68-year-old army veteran married to a high school math teacher who retired after 33 years in the classroom.
In 1975, my wife's assistant principal was shot and killed at a football game by a teacher from the opposing team's school. I have attended end-of-the-year parties, where I observe teachers who were so burned out that their safety and well-being was a concern.
I believe I could give many reasons why arming teachers is not wise, but I will just say that I am praying for teachers and their students.
- My view: Campaign finance system is broken
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- My view: Honest debates are worth the...
- Letter: Federal law violated
- In our opinion: Declining abortion rates are...
- On Second Thought: Donald Trump, Chris...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Letter: Affected historic property