Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am a 68-year-old army veteran married to a high school math teacher who retired after 33 years in the classroom.
In 1975, my wife's assistant principal was shot and killed at a football game by a teacher from the opposing team's school. I have attended end-of-the-year parties, where I observe teachers who were so burned out that their safety and well-being was a concern.
I believe I could give many reasons why arming teachers is not wise, but I will just say that I am praying for teachers and their students.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Letter: Dance dress code
- Robert Bennett: Make climate conversations...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 103
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 87
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 65
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 40
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 37
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36