Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am a 68-year-old army veteran married to a high school math teacher who retired after 33 years in the classroom.
In 1975, my wife's assistant principal was shot and killed at a football game by a teacher from the opposing team's school. I have attended end-of-the-year parties, where I observe teachers who were so burned out that their safety and well-being was a concern.
I believe I could give many reasons why arming teachers is not wise, but I will just say that I am praying for teachers and their students.
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 55
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 54
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 44
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 26