Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am a 68-year-old army veteran married to a high school math teacher who retired after 33 years in the classroom.
In 1975, my wife's assistant principal was shot and killed at a football game by a teacher from the opposing team's school. I have attended end-of-the-year parties, where I observe teachers who were so burned out that their safety and well-being was a concern.
I believe I could give many reasons why arming teachers is not wise, but I will just say that I am praying for teachers and their students.
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40
- Letter: Breeding hate 38