Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am a 68-year-old army veteran married to a high school math teacher who retired after 33 years in the classroom.
In 1975, my wife's assistant principal was shot and killed at a football game by a teacher from the opposing team's school. I have attended end-of-the-year parties, where I observe teachers who were so burned out that their safety and well-being was a concern.
I believe I could give many reasons why arming teachers is not wise, but I will just say that I am praying for teachers and their students.
- In our opinion: The breach between mass...
- David Blankenhorn: Overcoming the blindness...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Drew Clark: Deeply felt religious faith, of...
- Letter: Excess political science
- Letter: 'Kate's Law'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Speaker of...
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second... 88
- In our opinion: The breach between mass... 54
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum... 51
- Letter: Greater security 51
- Letter: Our French Revolution 30
- Letter: Excess political science 30
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil... 26
- Letter: Kill off expansion 25