Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am a 68-year-old army veteran married to a high school math teacher who retired after 33 years in the classroom.
In 1975, my wife's assistant principal was shot and killed at a football game by a teacher from the opposing team's school. I have attended end-of-the-year parties, where I observe teachers who were so burned out that their safety and well-being was a concern.
I believe I could give many reasons why arming teachers is not wise, but I will just say that I am praying for teachers and their students.
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Dan Liljenquist: 'Surgical' airstrikes won't...
- George F. Will: Our trivial Congress can grow...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 110
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 41
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 40
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 31
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 31