Letter: Since a revenue-raising bill originated in the Senate, isn't it null and void?
The recent so-called "fiscal cliff" deal included a tax hike on the "rich." The Constitution of the United States requires "All Bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives."
Since this revenue-raising bill originated in the Senate, isn't this entire bill illegal and therefore null and void? Would the fabrication of and voting for an illegal bill fall under the classification of "high Crimes and Misdemeanors" for which impeachment is the appropriate remedy? (Art II, Sect 4)
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives