WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has returned to Washington after a winter vacation in Hawaii that was interrupted by the "fiscal cliff" crisis.
Obama arrived at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland on Sunday morning after an overnight flight.
The president's annual end-of-year visit to his native state was disrupted just after Christmas when he was forced to return to the capital to help broker a solution on a plan to avert a combination of tax increases and spending cuts that could have plunged the economy back into recession.
He returned to Hawaii on New Year's Day.
Obama faces a full agenda in Washington, including possible appointments of a new defense secretary and CIA director and a meeting with Afghan President Hamid Karzai (HAH'-mihd KAHR'-zeye).
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's affirmative...
- Costa Rican a celebrity after certified miracle
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Utah bank confirms that Ghanaian mining...
- Sherpas leave Everest; some expeditions nix...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 26
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 24
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 18
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 17
- Vegas’ water drying up 15
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12
- Some countries get Obama, but want his... 11
- Democrats eye 15 cities for 2016... 10