WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has returned to Washington after a winter vacation in Hawaii that was interrupted by the "fiscal cliff" crisis.
Obama arrived at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland on Sunday morning after an overnight flight.
The president's annual end-of-year visit to his native state was disrupted just after Christmas when he was forced to return to the capital to help broker a solution on a plan to avert a combination of tax increases and spending cuts that could have plunged the economy back into recession.
He returned to Hawaii on New Year's Day.
Obama faces a full agenda in Washington, including possible appointments of a new defense secretary and CIA director and a meeting with Afghan President Hamid Karzai (HAH'-mihd KAHR'-zeye).
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- Feds release sage grouse conservation plans...
- South Africa shaken by FIFA corruption probe
- Study says girls seek sisterhood in the...
- Administration asks skeptical judge to toss...
- Psychiatrist: Colorado theater shooter 'knew...
- What is the most Hawaiian movie set in...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- Gays wake up to changed Ireland, let... 12
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- US to 'fine tune' Iraq strategy in... 11
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 9
- Census: Number of Americans on public... 8