WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has returned to Washington after a winter vacation in Hawaii that was interrupted by the "fiscal cliff" crisis.
Obama arrived at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland on Sunday morning after an overnight flight.
The president's annual end-of-year visit to his native state was disrupted just after Christmas when he was forced to return to the capital to help broker a solution on a plan to avert a combination of tax increases and spending cuts that could have plunged the economy back into recession.
He returned to Hawaii on New Year's Day.
Obama faces a full agenda in Washington, including possible appointments of a new defense secretary and CIA director and a meeting with Afghan President Hamid Karzai (HAH'-mihd KAHR'-zeye).
- Challenge to Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's birth...
- Research: Native American genes have Eurasian...
- Unions and tea party activists? Common Core...
- Challenge to Utah's same-sex marriage ban 72
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 61
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 42
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 18
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 17
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy 15