I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the Deseret News on Dec. 27 and saw the front-page support for Jon Huntsman Jr.
I would think that by now, Utah is sick of supporting a guy whose major act in office was to give state employees another day off.
Why did everyone vote for him? He is not LDS or even a Republican. Remember his response to Fortune about being asked about his religion? "I can't say I'm overly religious ... I get satisfaction from many different types of religions and philosophies," he said. The dreamers in ivory towers may like this guy, but those of us who follow the political game realistically are heartened that there will never be again a Jon Huntsman Jr. in Utah or national politics that was served up by someone with money or influence.
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: No welfare, ever 65
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 28
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 21
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20