I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the Deseret News on Dec. 27 and saw the front-page support for Jon Huntsman Jr.
I would think that by now, Utah is sick of supporting a guy whose major act in office was to give state employees another day off.
Why did everyone vote for him? He is not LDS or even a Republican. Remember his response to Fortune about being asked about his religion? "I can't say I'm overly religious ... I get satisfaction from many different types of religions and philosophies," he said. The dreamers in ivory towers may like this guy, but those of us who follow the political game realistically are heartened that there will never be again a Jon Huntsman Jr. in Utah or national politics that was served up by someone with money or influence.
- Jay Evensen: IRS abuses continue —...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: The burden and...
- My view: Herbert should pick law interpreter
- Letter: Waiving rights
- In our opinion: Protecting the church from...
- In our opinion: SAGE advice — Act now...
- My view: Crony capitalism is usurping control
- Politicians being awkward at Halloween