I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the Deseret News on Dec. 27 and saw the front-page support for Jon Huntsman Jr.
I would think that by now, Utah is sick of supporting a guy whose major act in office was to give state employees another day off.
Why did everyone vote for him? He is not LDS or even a Republican. Remember his response to Fortune about being asked about his religion? "I can't say I'm overly religious ... I get satisfaction from many different types of religions and philosophies," he said. The dreamers in ivory towers may like this guy, but those of us who follow the political game realistically are heartened that there will never be again a Jon Huntsman Jr. in Utah or national politics that was served up by someone with money or influence.
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Letters: Founders' values 34
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked... 21
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system... 20
- White House press corps has been turned... 19