I am a strong conservative, but I am thoroughly disappointed with the Republican party.
Not only did Barack Obama win re-election, but he also managed to divide the Republican party. This resulted in the Republicans giving away the store. The so-called "American Taxpayer Relief Act" was passed by both houses. In the Senate, only five Republican senators voted against the bill. In the House, which has a Republican majority, more than 35 percent of Republicans voted for the bill. Now, we pay higher taxes with spending cuts not even close.
This is a disaster. If the Republicans would stay true and be united, they could have blocked this bill from the president's desk. They could have done better in slowing the escalation of our national debt.
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Kent Jones: Anticipating the forthcoming...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Letter: Idle elimination 19