I am a strong conservative, but I am thoroughly disappointed with the Republican party.
Not only did Barack Obama win re-election, but he also managed to divide the Republican party. This resulted in the Republicans giving away the store. The so-called "American Taxpayer Relief Act" was passed by both houses. In the Senate, only five Republican senators voted against the bill. In the House, which has a Republican majority, more than 35 percent of Republicans voted for the bill. Now, we pay higher taxes with spending cuts not even close.
This is a disaster. If the Republicans would stay true and be united, they could have blocked this bill from the president's desk. They could have done better in slowing the escalation of our national debt.
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 52
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 29
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 26
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17