I am a strong conservative, but I am thoroughly disappointed with the Republican party.
Not only did Barack Obama win re-election, but he also managed to divide the Republican party. This resulted in the Republicans giving away the store. The so-called "American Taxpayer Relief Act" was passed by both houses. In the Senate, only five Republican senators voted against the bill. In the House, which has a Republican majority, more than 35 percent of Republicans voted for the bill. Now, we pay higher taxes with spending cuts not even close.
This is a disaster. If the Republicans would stay true and be united, they could have blocked this bill from the president's desk. They could have done better in slowing the escalation of our national debt.
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Robert J. Samuelson: Income tax has become a...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 52
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 27
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 27
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 26