I am a strong conservative, but I am thoroughly disappointed with the Republican party.
Not only did Barack Obama win re-election, but he also managed to divide the Republican party. This resulted in the Republicans giving away the store. The so-called "American Taxpayer Relief Act" was passed by both houses. In the Senate, only five Republican senators voted against the bill. In the House, which has a Republican majority, more than 35 percent of Republicans voted for the bill. Now, we pay higher taxes with spending cuts not even close.
This is a disaster. If the Republicans would stay true and be united, they could have blocked this bill from the president's desk. They could have done better in slowing the escalation of our national debt.
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme Court...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: How Alex Boye's...
- In our opinion: Repairing Salt Lake City streets
- Arthur Cyr: North Korea’s leaders...
- George F. Will: Britain at the crossroads
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal to...
- My view: The one thing that could solve...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 50
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Character still matters in... 25
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 20
- Mia Love: America's soldiers are... 18
- In our opinion: Remembering Hiroshima... 16
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 11