I am a strong conservative, but I am thoroughly disappointed with the Republican party.
Not only did Barack Obama win re-election, but he also managed to divide the Republican party. This resulted in the Republicans giving away the store. The so-called "American Taxpayer Relief Act" was passed by both houses. In the Senate, only five Republican senators voted against the bill. In the House, which has a Republican majority, more than 35 percent of Republicans voted for the bill. Now, we pay higher taxes with spending cuts not even close.
This is a disaster. If the Republicans would stay true and be united, they could have blocked this bill from the president's desk. They could have done better in slowing the escalation of our national debt.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- In our opinion: Charitable awareness —...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26