I am a strong conservative, but I am thoroughly disappointed with the Republican party.
Not only did Barack Obama win re-election, but he also managed to divide the Republican party. This resulted in the Republicans giving away the store. The so-called "American Taxpayer Relief Act" was passed by both houses. In the Senate, only five Republican senators voted against the bill. In the House, which has a Republican majority, more than 35 percent of Republicans voted for the bill. Now, we pay higher taxes with spending cuts not even close.
This is a disaster. If the Republicans would stay true and be united, they could have blocked this bill from the president's desk. They could have done better in slowing the escalation of our national debt.
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- My view: Voting member's perspective on the...
- Letters: Founders' values
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- John Florez: Government a big vending machine
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- In our opinion: Leave NCIC alone
- The winners and the losers