I am a strong conservative, but I am thoroughly disappointed with the Republican party.
Not only did Barack Obama win re-election, but he also managed to divide the Republican party. This resulted in the Republicans giving away the store. The so-called "American Taxpayer Relief Act" was passed by both houses. In the Senate, only five Republican senators voted against the bill. In the House, which has a Republican majority, more than 35 percent of Republicans voted for the bill. Now, we pay higher taxes with spending cuts not even close.
This is a disaster. If the Republicans would stay true and be united, they could have blocked this bill from the president's desk. They could have done better in slowing the escalation of our national debt.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 51
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 39
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 26