I am a strong conservative, but I am thoroughly disappointed with the Republican party.
Not only did Barack Obama win re-election, but he also managed to divide the Republican party. This resulted in the Republicans giving away the store. The so-called "American Taxpayer Relief Act" was passed by both houses. In the Senate, only five Republican senators voted against the bill. In the House, which has a Republican majority, more than 35 percent of Republicans voted for the bill. Now, we pay higher taxes with spending cuts not even close.
This is a disaster. If the Republicans would stay true and be united, they could have blocked this bill from the president's desk. They could have done better in slowing the escalation of our national debt.
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- Letter: Moral decline
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- Letter: My sons
- In our opinion: Some universities targeting...
- Letter: Moral decline 84
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 81
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 51
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 41
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40