I am a strong conservative, but I am thoroughly disappointed with the Republican party.
Not only did Barack Obama win re-election, but he also managed to divide the Republican party. This resulted in the Republicans giving away the store. The so-called "American Taxpayer Relief Act" was passed by both houses. In the Senate, only five Republican senators voted against the bill. In the House, which has a Republican majority, more than 35 percent of Republicans voted for the bill. Now, we pay higher taxes with spending cuts not even close.
This is a disaster. If the Republicans would stay true and be united, they could have blocked this bill from the president's desk. They could have done better in slowing the escalation of our national debt.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- My view: European view of American soft power
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 59
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 47
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 32
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 28