When liberals win an election, they like to say it's the voice of the people. The public voted for legalization of marijuana in Colorado and Washington, same-sex marriage in Maryland and other states.
But when they lose, it's often declared unconstitutional, illegal or racist, as seen with the riots and violence with the right-to-work legislation in Michigan, Proposition 8 in California and the irresponsible action in the Wisconsin Legislature and recall action. When conservatives try to protect traditional marriage and the family unit, we are called homophobic and other insults.
As one who has fought for and has given back to his country, I cry for future generations.
Salt Lake City
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- My view: Fighting the ignoble reign of money
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- My view: Voting member's perspective on the...
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 21