When liberals win an election, they like to say it's the voice of the people. The public voted for legalization of marijuana in Colorado and Washington, same-sex marriage in Maryland and other states.
But when they lose, it's often declared unconstitutional, illegal or racist, as seen with the riots and violence with the right-to-work legislation in Michigan, Proposition 8 in California and the irresponsible action in the Wisconsin Legislature and recall action. When conservatives try to protect traditional marriage and the family unit, we are called homophobic and other insults.
As one who has fought for and has given back to his country, I cry for future generations.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Is it time for our first woman president? 45
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13