When liberals win an election, they like to say it's the voice of the people. The public voted for legalization of marijuana in Colorado and Washington, same-sex marriage in Maryland and other states.
But when they lose, it's often declared unconstitutional, illegal or racist, as seen with the riots and violence with the right-to-work legislation in Michigan, Proposition 8 in California and the irresponsible action in the Wisconsin Legislature and recall action. When conservatives try to protect traditional marriage and the family unit, we are called homophobic and other insults.
As one who has fought for and has given back to his country, I cry for future generations.
Salt Lake City
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local police...
- John Hoffmire: To feed the world, we must...
- Letter: Singles solution
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- Letter: Protect public lands
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 43
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21