When liberals win an election, they like to say it's the voice of the people. The public voted for legalization of marijuana in Colorado and Washington, same-sex marriage in Maryland and other states.
But when they lose, it's often declared unconstitutional, illegal or racist, as seen with the riots and violence with the right-to-work legislation in Michigan, Proposition 8 in California and the irresponsible action in the Wisconsin Legislature and recall action. When conservatives try to protect traditional marriage and the family unit, we are called homophobic and other insults.
As one who has fought for and has given back to his country, I cry for future generations.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25