When liberals win an election, they like to say it's the voice of the people. The public voted for legalization of marijuana in Colorado and Washington, same-sex marriage in Maryland and other states.
But when they lose, it's often declared unconstitutional, illegal or racist, as seen with the riots and violence with the right-to-work legislation in Michigan, Proposition 8 in California and the irresponsible action in the Wisconsin Legislature and recall action. When conservatives try to protect traditional marriage and the family unit, we are called homophobic and other insults.
As one who has fought for and has given back to his country, I cry for future generations.
Salt Lake City
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Letters: Move to the center
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system needs...
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an assault on...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 22
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21