Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Our prison has many volunteers, whose service is of immeasurable value. You can't put a price on the human cost of separating these angels from the inmates they serve.
There is also no way to calculate the cost of keeping inmates from receiving visits from their families.
Give up the idea of moving the prison. It's a bad idea and should be dropped quickly every time someone brings it up.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Letter: Society puzzles
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32