Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Our prison has many volunteers, whose service is of immeasurable value. You can't put a price on the human cost of separating these angels from the inmates they serve.
There is also no way to calculate the cost of keeping inmates from receiving visits from their families.
Give up the idea of moving the prison. It's a bad idea and should be dropped quickly every time someone brings it up.
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- In our opinion: Don't delay saving for...
- Letter: Where's Al Gore?
- Letter: American billionaires
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 38
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 34
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- President should not act without... 28