Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Our prison has many volunteers, whose service is of immeasurable value. You can't put a price on the human cost of separating these angels from the inmates they serve.
There is also no way to calculate the cost of keeping inmates from receiving visits from their families.
Give up the idea of moving the prison. It's a bad idea and should be dropped quickly every time someone brings it up.
Salt Lake City
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Timothy R. Clark: Real job creation requires...
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Letters: Disaster vs. disease
- Letters: No welfare, ever 73
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 31
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 31
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 18