Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Our prison has many volunteers, whose service is of immeasurable value. You can't put a price on the human cost of separating these angels from the inmates they serve.
There is also no way to calculate the cost of keeping inmates from receiving visits from their families.
Give up the idea of moving the prison. It's a bad idea and should be dropped quickly every time someone brings it up.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Coal and job creation 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18