Tom Smart, Deseret News
Our take: Former Utah govenor Jon Huntsman interviews with New York Times reporter Andrew Goldman about his 2012 presidential bid and what future plans he has for his political career.
So if youre running for president in 2016, you probably have to start laying the groundwork now, right?
Can you imagine were even talking about this? Its mind-numbing that within 24 hours, people want to start talking about 2016.
I read that Ann Romney did not take the loss well. Obviously, your campaign didnt last as long, but was your family crushed?
They were down for a couple of days and a little angry for a while, but as they reflect on it, they loved every minute of it. Presidential campaigns result in one of two outcomes. It divides the family, sometimes irreparably or it makes you a whole lot closer. It made our family a whole lot closer.
Read more about Jon Huntsman Could Do Without Bill Clinton's Kudos on The New York Times.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16