Tom Smart, Deseret News
Our take: Former Utah govenor Jon Huntsman interviews with New York Times reporter Andrew Goldman about his 2012 presidential bid and what future plans he has for his political career.
So if youre running for president in 2016, you probably have to start laying the groundwork now, right?
Can you imagine were even talking about this? Its mind-numbing that within 24 hours, people want to start talking about 2016.
I read that Ann Romney did not take the loss well. Obviously, your campaign didnt last as long, but was your family crushed?
They were down for a couple of days and a little angry for a while, but as they reflect on it, they loved every minute of it. Presidential campaigns result in one of two outcomes. It divides the family, sometimes irreparably or it makes you a whole lot closer. It made our family a whole lot closer.
Read more about Jon Huntsman Could Do Without Bill Clinton's Kudos on The New York Times.
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- The truth about addiction
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just survive,...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 48
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18