Thanks to mayor Raum Emanuel and his kind, Chicago now has what are the most restrictive gun control laws in the nation. No wonder the city has so many homocides ("Tragic number': Chicago reaches 500 homicides," KSL.com, Dec. 28.).
It's interesting that, as Chicago's gun controls laws have become more restrictive, the crime rate there has continued to rise drastically. Could it be that the bad guys know that they now have much lower probability of running into good guys' guns as they carry out their misdeeds?
While I see no reason for high-capacity, assault-type guns, I also see the need for great caution as the country, states and cities consider restrictions on other types of guns. Lest, the entire nation becomes as Chicago is now.
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 52
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 50
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 43
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 25