Thanks to mayor Raum Emanuel and his kind, Chicago now has what are the most restrictive gun control laws in the nation. No wonder the city has so many homocides ("Tragic number': Chicago reaches 500 homicides," KSL.com, Dec. 28.).
It's interesting that, as Chicago's gun controls laws have become more restrictive, the crime rate there has continued to rise drastically. Could it be that the bad guys know that they now have much lower probability of running into good guys' guns as they carry out their misdeeds?
While I see no reason for high-capacity, assault-type guns, I also see the need for great caution as the country, states and cities consider restrictions on other types of guns. Lest, the entire nation becomes as Chicago is now.
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 65
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- In our opinion: After change to state... 23