Sophomore Tyler Haws scored 20 points to lead the BYU Cougars over the Loyola Marymount Lions 92-51.
Haws also had nine rebounds and BYU Sophomore Matt Carlino added 21 points and five rebounds.
Loyola lost its only lead a few minutes into the first half and BYU dominated the game from there leading by as much as 44 points. BYU out rebounded Loyola 54-26 and had 13 steals.
Senior Brandon Davies added 13 points and nine rebounds for the Cougars.
Loyola led by six points early in the game, but BYU went 10 for 23 from beyond the arc and caused 16 Lion turnovers to put the game out of reach.
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- High school boys basketball: Underdogs shine...
- High school sports: Thursday's prep roundup
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 53
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 44