Sophomore Tyler Haws scored 20 points to lead the BYU Cougars over the Loyola Marymount Lions 92-51.
Haws also had nine rebounds and BYU Sophomore Matt Carlino added 21 points and five rebounds.
Loyola lost its only lead a few minutes into the first half and BYU dominated the game from there leading by as much as 44 points. BYU out rebounded Loyola 54-26 and had 13 steals.
Senior Brandon Davies added 13 points and nine rebounds for the Cougars.
Loyola led by six points early in the game, but BYU went 10 for 23 from beyond the arc and caused 16 Lion turnovers to put the game out of reach.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things to ponder as the Aggies head to fall...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21