Sophomore Tyler Haws scored 20 points to lead the BYU Cougars over the Loyola Marymount Lions 92-51.
Haws also had nine rebounds and BYU Sophomore Matt Carlino added 21 points and five rebounds.
Loyola lost its only lead a few minutes into the first half and BYU dominated the game from there leading by as much as 44 points. BYU out rebounded Loyola 54-26 and had 13 steals.
Senior Brandon Davies added 13 points and nine rebounds for the Cougars.
Loyola led by six points early in the game, but BYU went 10 for 23 from beyond the arc and caused 16 Lion turnovers to put the game out of reach.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 46
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 18
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 14
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7