Ready to serve a mission: Responses from around the world
Young Men and Women tell how change in age affected their plans
I am one of the many young men and women that are being affected by the new missionary age requirement.
I had been planning and got accepted to go to college in eastern Arizona. I planned on playing another year of football there. I also thought I'd have a little more time to prepare myself for my mission ….
Also, I had planned on seeing my mom in that year's worth of time. I love her more than anything in the world. She recently had a splitting with her husband and I thought I'd be here for a little while longer to help her. I know the Lord will watch over her for me, but it's going to take faith on my part because I know the Lord has prepared me for this time and I'm ready to serve him in any way he needs me to.
— Tyler Dunevent
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20