Ready to serve a mission: Responses from around the world
Young Men and Women tell how change in age affected their plans
I am one of the many young men and women that are being affected by the new missionary age requirement.
I had been planning and got accepted to go to college in eastern Arizona. I planned on playing another year of football there. I also thought I'd have a little more time to prepare myself for my mission ….
Also, I had planned on seeing my mom in that year's worth of time. I love her more than anything in the world. She recently had a splitting with her husband and I thought I'd be here for a little while longer to help her. I know the Lord will watch over her for me, but it's going to take faith on my part because I know the Lord has prepared me for this time and I'm ready to serve him in any way he needs me to.
— Tyler Dunevent
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Space and religion: How believers view latest...
- Tabernacle hosts annual LDS Latino Christmas...
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 29
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 24
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 22
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 20
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 16