Preparing their children, youths to serve
I teach Sunday School in my ward to the 16- and 17-year-olds. I took a quick poll on Sunday (after general conference) — five of the six young women in my class stated that they now are seriously considering a mission. Prior to President Monson's announcement, only one of the six was seriously considering it. Amazing change!
— Damon Murphy, El Paso, Texas
My son turned 18 in May, is enrolled at BYU-Idaho and planned to finish a full year of college before serving his mission. He planned to put his papers in in February or March so as to be ready in May. After hearing the age change, he decided he wanted to be among the first to go and has started his papers even though he has scholarships that cover his entire tuition for next semester. He wants to go NOW. He has been champing at the bit to serve a mission since he was 15, so he could not be happier that the age has been changed.
— Sandie Graham
My 9-year-old daughter jumped off the couch yelling "Yes!" It has always been her dream to be a missionary, and with the age lowered she feels closer to that dream.
— Leah Crow, Anchorage, Alaska
My daughter is 18 years old, and when she heard about the change about the ages of the mission, she felt happy, because she is now preparing for a mission the next year. I am proud of her.
— Francisca Cruz
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay unions...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Courage and valor: A bizarre order for a WWII...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 77
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 59
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay... 55
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 42
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 28
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- Letters to family show Steven Powell... 17